Thread: Unpacking A Downloaded Torrent

Poster
    Well the problem is that I have a friend downloading stuff for me because I have a small HDD and dial up. He's just finished downloading the 1400Mb SWAT DVD Rip (Viper something was the filename, found on supernova...)

He says there are about 30 files now, and he doesn't know which ones are the movie etc. Has anyone downloaded this movie, and which filenames should he be looking out for ?

I believe they are RAR'd or something, though I can't follow his description over MSN, and his screen capture won't work somehow.

Anyway, what can I do ?
    Stoopid News - My Blog / Stoopid News site. All wierd, wacky, crazy news.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    If you have winrar on your machine you should simply right click on the first one (extract to "file name") and they should all unpack to a new folder..assuming they are all for one file or movie.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    If they are rare'd, just right click on the .rar00 file and select "extract here".

This will extract all the .rar files into either 1 movie file or 2 files, 1 .bin and 1.cue file.

If it is the .bin/.cue version, you can use VideoLan to watch the .bin file without converting the file first.

You can find a link to videolan on the FAQ page of the forum.

TD

EDIT: My slow typing has made me come in second yet again
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    muchspl2

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Ok, I know about winRAR, we both have it installed. We have a problem, but we're not n00bs.

Anyway, I think that the unRARing went fine, but I think he's got all the torrents in the same folder... and he's getting confused. He went offline before I had the chance to ask more questions.

I'll see what I can find out, thanks all.
    Stoopid News - My Blog / Stoopid News site. All wierd, wacky, crazy news.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Well I just Dl The same film from Super mirrors...
    The files I have a SFV. Files not rar...
    Can you confer which one you have?
    And if you have been able to sort them...

Ta
    SAS