Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experiment To See If Sharman Is Lying

Originally posted by imnotanaddict+14 December 2003 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (imnotanaddict @ 14 December 2003 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SuBKulture@14 December 2003 - 22:49
    It&#39;s pointless trying to test this at the moment. Sharman are not going to make the change to block older clients until they have migrated a substantial proportion of their existing user base onto KMD 2.6.
    Where are you getting your information?
    Sharman are not going to make the change to block older clients until they have migrated a substantial proportion of their existing user base onto KMD 2.6.[/unquote]

Do you mean that they will require users to download an update for 260? or what?I don&#39;t follow.

From what I&#39;ve read its a block of new supernode access thats used in 250 and higher versions of Kazaa. Any changes that are made or going to be made for this block I would think would already be in newer versions. I could be wrong on this(would&#39;nt be the first time) any info to clarify this would be great. [/b]
    I don&#39;t have any information on this specifically, but I assume Sharman will use the same method that they used when they blocked Kazaa 1.x clients from the network. When they did that, they released KMD v2 and users of older clients received messages asking them to upgrade (KL currently blocks these messages), but the older clients were still functional for several months before they were prevented from actually connecting to the network.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by SuBKulture@15 December 2003 - 04:21
    I don&#39;t have any information on this specifically, but I assume Sharman will use the same method that they used when they blocked Kazaa 1.x clients from the network. When they did that, they released KMD v2 and users of older clients received messages asking them to upgrade (KL currently blocks these messages), but the older clients were still functional for several months before they were prevented from actually connecting to the network.
    No, as soon as they got the "you must update" message they were unable to connect to the network at all, the only way round this was to reset the registry and connect to an older supernode.

This is how there was (for a while) an independent Morpheus network, but eventually that got "infected" by the upgrade message, and dissipated out of existence.

Since KazaaLite is impervious to the upgrade messages, it should continue to be able to connect to the network indefinitely, so long as there are enough kazaalite supernodes to support it

I&#39;m surprised it&#39;s taken more than a week for the effects of this to bite, but I&#39;m still seeing a high number of users, so I&#39;m beginning to wonder whether it was all bullshit..

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster

The vast majority of users on the network are K-lite still.
    This is using the CLEAN KMD 2.6 + 2.43++ so suffice to say there has been no evidence to suggest anything is happening.
    Let&#39;s say I&#39;ll believe it when it happens.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by barbarossa@15 December 2003 - 11:05
    No, as soon as they got the "you must update" message they were unable to connect to the network at all
    Yes, the "you must update" message comes when the client can no longer connect, but before that there is a substantial period when users just get a "you need to update" message which can be cancelled without any problem.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12