Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gta3

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    ok if this is a newb question then start flammin otherwise, i dled GTA3.exe a self extracting winrar file and everything was good. but when i run the prog, it doesn't do anything, my mouse has the hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing....i can see in task manager that is a process running but nothing at all...what is the problem with this? anyone....
    Today is the day.

2. Games   -   #2
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Maybe it needs to be patched or cracked. Or maybe the installation isn't complete. I don't know. It could be anything.

3. Games   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    My guess is it's not the right file, but since we no longer have a Verified section it's difficult to say. The most popular version is the Myth rip, but I don't remember the exact file size. You can also get the .iso's of both original CD's, but then you would also need to find a No CD crack to play it (which I could direct you to, if anybody needs it).

4. Games   -   #4
    hiya,
    just a tip but try searching for james bond nightfire, download a file called 007 james bond nightfire, size is 138,162KB from user TeXX - this user among others has GTA3 mascarading as Nightfire but is actually GTA3 - i found that out the hard way yesterday by downloading it...

5. Games   -   #5
    Katok
    hi mate

u have to download Winrar

and press rightclick on the GTA3 file

====> Open With winrar

and extract then ( if u dont know how ) click on setup.bat

6. Games   -   #6
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    it's a sfx archive, therefore he doesn't need winrar.
    i suggest you use the Myth rip (size=133.477 Kb) +the savegamefix (size=1112 Kb)
    it could also be your hardware.
    what video card do you have?
    what cpu?
    how much RAM?
    OS?

7. Games   -   #7
    imported_jamesandpie
    Wouldnt it be easier if he gave us the file size of the file that doesnt work? then we can see what the problem is

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    i have the exact same problem.
    By chance i opened the Directx Diagnostic Tool and on 'display' i pressed "test Direct3d" and when i did the test for Directx 8 interfaces I got the message: "test failed at step 5(GetDeviceCaps): some somplicated no.s and stuff (3d not available)

so then i dwnloded directx 9 and that works fine on the test but 8 still gives the same error message. And Gta 3 still doesnt work.
    helllllllpppppppp pls

9. Games   -   #9
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I just had the EXACT same problem. It is the Myth rip that is doing it. YEAH, HELP US!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I just tried it on 98 and it started fine, but when converting the textures it froze when it was almost completed, after that it would freeze when loading.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    I've got a windows me OS. Could that be the reason my game doesnt work? Should i load a different OS ? I read somewhere that win me is a good gaming platform. true or untrue?
    is there any way i can uninstall my directx (cuz i think its ******).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast