Thread: Please Help Me Out

I just downloaded medieval total war, and it is labelled as (filename).bin.exe
    What is the extra exe for
    is is still actually a bin
    Is there anything that i need to do before buring its image in nero using the cues, ie. removing the exe.
    If so how do i remove, just a rename?
    Thanks for the help
    -Lax

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You got it - just delete the extra .exe. Whoever ripped that game just added .exe to the file name so Kazaa users could find it if they search under the Software filter (which doesn't include .bin or .iso for some reason).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    aha, thanks alot.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^@16 February 2003 - 09:04
    You got it - just delete the extra .exe. Whoever ripped that game just added .exe to the file name so Kazaa users could find it if they search under the Software filter (which doesn't include .bin or .iso for some reason).
    I always wondered why they did that.

Live and learn

Cheers

JimF

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by JimF+16 February 2003 - 17:28--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JimF @ 16 February 2003 - 17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nightwolf^.`.^@16 February 2003 - 09:04
    You got it - just delete the extra .exe.&nbsp; Whoever ripped that game just added .exe to the file name so Kazaa users could find it if they search under the Software filter (which doesn&#39;t include .bin or .iso for some reason).
    I always wondered why they did that.

Live and learn

Cheers

JimF [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s not just the Newb&#39;s that are a bit slow.

Only joking JimF