Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Os

Originally posted by neattairoski@16 December 2003 - 02:52
    Actually, i wouldnt mind having two PC's.

One for the games and the other for the net, and all that other stuff.

Build your self a cheap 1Ghz pc and install the gaming OS and youre set

thens whats wrong w/ one pc for all the stuff and a cheap 200 dollars console for games? basically your just turning the pc into a console now that u lower to the spec.

2. Games   -   #12
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I thought of this idea 2 years ago haha..it seemed kinda weird tho
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Games   -   #13
    Consoles are PCs with out Operating Systems.

4. Games   -   #14
    thens whats wrong w/ one pc for all the stuff and a cheap 200 dollars console for games
    Because like i said, it would be cool to play all your favourite PC games with all the effects up and at full speed.

There are some really good games coming out for the PC, and alot of people would not be able to afford the pc upgrades to play these games.

Look at Doom 3. Thats coming out of the xbox and its running on a 733mhz processor.

How cheap would it be to build a system of same spec and play better games ?

Alot cheaper than the xbox thats for sure.

5. Games   -   #15
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    just do a fresh install and dont put any proggies back on your comp except for games. that would atleast help some,

6. Games   -   #16
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@16 December 2003 - 07:57
    just do a fresh install and dont put any proggies back on your comp except for games. that would atleast help some, 
    I was thinking about that.

Im going to see how fast i can get games running on a low spec machine what i just built a few days ago and experiment with different versions of windblows.

Ill install windows and see how much i can change from it and see if i can strip some things away.

This might sound like a strange question, but can you install windows CE on a pc ??

7. Games   -   #17
    but can you install windows CE on a pc ??
    Short answer, no. Windows CE is custom made for that hardware and wouldnt even boot on a pc, even if you did get it on there.

8. Games   -   #18

9. Games   -   #19
    Lick My Lovepump
    Its graphics card that makes most of the difference in games performance these days. PCs weren't created for graphics like consoles, so the GPU is totally seperate from the CPU. I bet you could run most games on a 1.4 ghz 512 MB RAM PC with a 9800XT whirring away inside.

10. Games   -   #20
    I agree that the idea of two pc's is redundant because all youd have is a computer like you already do and replacing ur console with a pricier pc. It doesnt make sense

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast