Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • executed immediately

11 8.73%
  • publicly heared, then executed

25 19.84%
  • given to Iraqi justice to get a "Normal" trial in court

35 27.78%
  • handed over to the international court in Den Hague (netherlands)

45 35.71%
  • other, please specify

10 7.94%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Saddam Be...

Poster
    and then have number 4 done to him

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Double Agent
    We Canadians dont believe in death sentences. I think the best sentence for him would be life in prison for like 1 million years...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    1) thanks jetje for making this a poll

2) imprisoning him for 1 million years would only be symbolic, and in other words - pointless... we are talking about a c-r-a-z-y person that killed, tortured, used c-h-e-m-i-c-a-l weapons on i-n-n-o-c-e-n-t people!!!
    he should be sentenced to give up his 6 billion dollars for either the people of iraq... or, for the people of iraq... or, for the people of iraq or just use it for funding the war on terror.

tralalala

p.s: suggestion - pin this poll so it wont get shifted too far back?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Double Agent
    pin it? dont push ur luck....

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    @tralala, I don't know if this poll is that important, the only reason the other Saddam thread is pinned is probably because people started new ones all the time yesterday as soon as it wasn't at the top.

But you could ask uNz[i] to put a link to this thread in his first post in that thread, or announce it yourself with a link there.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by Marius24@15 December 2003 - 13:55
    i believe he should be tortured, have u heard what he has done to people.
    Wouldn't that show that the western leaders are no better than him? You can't just execute someone without giving them a trial, and anyway what you are suggesting would be against the international law. (If you were saying it in a serious way,and not just joking).

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    good idea, ill request unzi to announce this poll in his pinned thread.

also, he really would deserve to be totured and to suffer a slow, eagering death... but unfortunately, we are civilized people who have rules, and our respect to humanity is a lot higher than some arab leaders (saddam, bin-laden, nasralla and quite a few more...)

tralalala

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think they shoudl cover him in tinfoil and put him back on that pedestal, then let the angry mob drag him off it again with ropes and beat him to a pulp with their shoes....

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    He should be given a fair trial. This should be done by the people of Iraq.

If that is not possible then he should be tried as a war criminal. In front of an international tribunal. The USA and the UK and any of the allies who fought against him should not sit on the tribunal. It must be seen to be independent.

Assuming that there is a case to answer in both instances.

My personal preference is a trial, in Iraq, before Iraqi judges. If he is found guilty of offences then he should be punished accordingly. In my opinion this should not involve either the death penalty, or any sort of torture. I find both to be abhorrent.

It is perhaps ironic that organisations like Amnesty International, who have spoken out against the torture etc in Iraq for many years, will now be speaking on his behalf. To try to ensure that these very things do not happen to him.

When we torture and murder in the name of justice, we become no better than those who we fight against.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast