Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • executed immediately

11 8.73%
  • publicly heared, then executed

25 19.84%
  • given to Iraqi justice to get a "Normal" trial in court

35 27.78%
  • handed over to the international court in Den Hague (netherlands)

45 35.71%
  • other, please specify

10 7.94%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Saddam Be...

Originally posted by J'Pol@17 December 2003 - 01:04
    And the other weapons bit. In Australia (Tasmania) a nutcase shot 35 people with automatic rifles.
    He was quite right to shoot them if they had automatic rifles.
    muahahaha.

anyways, he should get a fair trial, and it should be in an Iraqi court, with Iraqi officials. I only hope that if he was imprisoned indefinitely he wouldn't get the opulent surroundings given to the Lockerbie bombers. Prison should be punishment (in Saddam's case, it's not going to reform him) , not a holiday camp.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    Originally posted by J'Pol@17 December 2003 - 02:04

Easily kill 35 people with a car. Plough into a bus queue.

Better yet a bus itself, do 70 in one go. Piece of cake.

Or a plane - hundreds, a boat - thousands.

So who do we try. The person responsible, or the person who made the thing they used. I know who I chose.

Buyer: Hey i want buy a car

Car salesman: what do you have in mind?

Buyer: just somthing to take children school and do the shoping, not too expensive mind you...

Car saleman: well i recommend this family station wagon only 10,000km on the clock just been serviced, 2 year gurantee... $15,000

Buyer: okay but i was only looking at spending $14,000.

Car saleman: sure let come back to the office and see what i can do....

on the other hand

Saddam Hussain(ruthless dictator): Can you sell me some Athrax?

Donald Rumsfield: Sure thing what do you need it for?

Saddam Hussain(ruthless dictator): oh just research

Donald Rumsfield: *wink * wink No problem, DHL fine with you

Saddam Hussain(ruthless dictator): No problem

Donald Rumsfield: Anything else you need *wink

Saddam Hussain(ruthless dictator):Yeah also need some botuxm and the chemicals on this shopping list

Donald Rumsfield: No problem *wink *wink

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    Don: What do you want all those highly toxic and very lethal chemicals for?

Saddam: Umm, weed killer. I've got some tufts of buffallo grass coming up in one of the palaces.

Don: Oh, thats ok then. Most people say genocide, and we can't sell it for that.

Saddam: Do short-range tactical missiles make good storange places for weed killer?

Don: Weeeell, not really, they have a habit of being launched before the weeds actually die, so no, I wouldn't reccomend it.

Saddam: Do you have a money-back policy if they get launched before I have a chance to use the anthrax on the weeds?

Don: Sorry. You bomb it, you bought it.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    george bush, tony blair, saddam, and that north korean dude should all be forced to hold hands, sing 'We Are The World' and go through classic depth psychology as a group.

it'll be a recovery movie three years from now, and a global best seller when the script is released in a made-for-tv movie, ultimately
    helping all economies. and who knows....somebody may develop a secret crush!

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hobbes everything that disagrees with you outlook is regarded as specious.

I dont think that it is specious do drop a known defoliage on forestation for the purpose of seeing the people who are hiding under it. Knowing as every little old lady gardener knows that you have to protect your eyes, skin and lungs when using these herbicides. If you still dont believe me then I suggest that you read this article written, I believe by the American Vietnam Vets, or on their behalf.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/agentorange.htm

I will take no further part in this thread because I believe that most people make up their minds on subjects and will not waver in face of facts. I will return to the Lounge where I belong. I am too old for this type of debate. I remember too much.

May I further add that there are no Mug-Wumpers in this thread. Just another one for JP.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    lol ill tell you something else now... i bet you all 100 bucks that after gerhard shredder, shirak and the guy from spain heard about the surprising person found in a hole... they probably shitted in their pants with embarrasment, dont you think??

tralalala

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by tralalala@17 December 2003 - 11:43
    lol ill tell you something else now... i bet you all 100 bucks that after gerhard shredder, shirak and the guy from spain heard about the surprising person found in a hole... they probably shitted in their pants with embarrasment, dont you think??
    eh?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Sparsely@17 December 2003 - 08:17
    george bush, tony blair, saddam, and that north korean dude should all be forced to hold hands, sing 'We Are The World' and go through classic depth psychology as a group.

it'll be a recovery movie three years from now, and a global best seller when the script is released in a made-for-tv movie, ultimately
    helping all economies. and who knows....somebody may develop a secret crush!
    eh?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Those of you who think you're being clever with the U.S./Saddam history:

Will you have similar contempt for Germany, France and Russia, who kept Saddam supplied with weaponry long after the U.S. stopped helping Saddam?

Will you point out this was done in the face of U.N. resolutions and embargoes to which they themselves were signatories?

I submit to you, in the absence of the covert support of these and other nations, Saddam might have dwindled on his own.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    Originally posted by tralalala@15 December 2003 - 08:06
    but unfortunately, we are civilized people who have rules, and our respect to humanity is a lot higher than some arab leaders (saddam, bin-laden, nasralla and quite a few more...)
    this struck me as implicitly racist. and incorrect, as well. the western world does not have greater respect for human rights than any other part of the world does-- we simply express our disdain toward humanity in a more elegant, polite manner. just because the west doesn't chop thieves' hands off, that doesn't make it the perfect model of philanthropy.

i think the idea that countries like america are so much more civilized than the third world is based on veneer. it's totally superficial. at its core, humanity is inherently greedy and cruel across all lines & borders-- wearing a top hat & white gloves doesn't automatically make a person less of a savage than someone who wears a turban or a grass skirt. he might just be a savage with a good tailor.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast