Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite In India And Other Remote Lands

While looking for SuperNode Internet Protocol addresses in India, it occurred to me that this slowly emerging giant's free and easy open attitude toward promoting trade without restrictions might have interesting implications for KaZaa Lite users. India's population is about 7 times as large as the US population. English is a common second language, especially among the most educated and affluent. India refuses to enforce US drug patent claims, so their giant pharmaceutical producers and downstream retail drug chains sell clean well-tested drugs for trivial prices compared to fees Americans and Canadians pay for chemically equivelant products. If you think these postures probably indicate that the RIAA has about as much enforcement power in India as the US FDA does, apparently you're correct. For instance this link to KaZaa Lite in India is published on a familiar publisher's Indian web site. http://www.zdnetindia.com/indya/downloads/ Not the latest version, but they say you'll love K-Lite 2.4.2 which appears promising. I'm just wondering how we can make some contacts with Indian KaZaa Lite users to support an internationally available FastTrack base that's immune from pressure originating in US law offices. I also wonder if their default opening SuperNode IP addresses lead to Indian sites. I understand that some of the most talented software writers in the world reside in India. Food for thought.
    Your Thoughts?
    Tenor Singer

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    yeah if India and China join forces they can kick some serious butts

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Unfortunately, Internet connections in india are not fast enough for people to act as Supernodes. Here cable connections have 64kbit speeds only. Indian software engineers are mostly conservative too. Mostly they wont try to hack/crack softwarez. I would like you to explain more clearly how India/China can contribute

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Kazaa Lite is still available in some others country' s on zdnet or download.com.Italy ,France, .....

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by govind_dutt@15 December 2003 - 20:18
    Unfortunately, Internet connections in india are not fast enough for people to act as Supernodes. Here cable connections have 64kbit speeds only. Indian software engineers are mostly conservative too. Mostly they wont try to hack/crack softwarez. I would like you to explain more clearly how India/China can contribute
    Not smart enough ha! Maybe they're conservative and old school.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by camille+15 December 2003 - 04:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (camille @ 15 December 2003 - 04:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-govind_dutt@15 December 2003 - 20:18
    Not smart enough ha&#33; Maybe they&#39;re conservative and old school. [/b][/quote]
    wait until each and every one of them spit on u and u&#39;ll drown&#33;&#33;&#33;

DO NOT underestimate indians

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 December 2003 - 15:06
    DO NOT underestimate indians
    Are u atleast an ABCD to say this? I am from India man. Here very few ppl share in P2P, especially kazaa. Less than 10 % share something. If internet connections here were as good as those available in developed countries, then ppl would have become Supernodes. There are currently no Supernodes here as far as I know.

BTW, here software engineers have time to work only on their projects. Most of them have 18 hours work in a day, especially the most talented ones who could have some kind of knowledge to unpack an encrypted KMD.

Maybe there are a few mavericks out here who can do this kind of stuff. I hope there are........

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 December 2003 - 22:06
    wait until each and every one of them spit on u and u&#39;ll drown&#33;&#33;&#33;

What a bad smelling pool?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    few racist overtones here&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Govind said, "Unfortunately, Internet connections in India are not fast enough for people to act as Supernodes." Thanks for your input Govind. I understand that typical Indian home based ISP connections are low speed. But lots of Indian businesses have high speed connections which are almost idle during many scheduled hours per week while these businesses are closed. It seems that someone there would want to fire up one of their business systems as a FastTrack SuperNode during off hours low use periods. Just as a point of national pride they could make the first clearly visible Indian foot print in history books which surely will discuss this evolution. Ham radio operators take similar pride in making first contacts from remote sites around the world. This is a new activity available for explanation. Maybe some business owner knows he can never climb Mount Everest, but he might become the first Indian to raise India&#39;s flag of visibility in this new venue of contemporary experience. Food for thought.

I&#39;d also like to point out that connection speed to a SuperNode DOES affect how fast Search requests generate contact lists showing other Client IPs with which actual Peer to Peer file transfers eventually occur. But connection speed with a SuperNode is only distantly relevant to how fast the resulting P2P file transfers occur. That&#39;s because as soon as file transfers start, they occur between Clients. These Clients may reside 6 miles apart or 6000 miles apart. So the speed restriction you correctly explained may not be a "deal breaker" after all is considered.

Perhaps you could help arrange for a two hour test with an Indian based computer owner. They could install and start KaZaa Lite version 2.4.3, connect to their ISP, and force their K-Lite system to offer SuperNode services by switching on that optional setting. If some testers who read this forum knew when this test was scheduled to occur and also know what SuperNode IP address this Indian based tester was going to use as for their initial connection, I believe these testers could use KaZuperNodes to find the Indian SuperNode connected to that predetermined starting contact. Then they could connect to it as Clients. Again KaZuperNodes, which is built into the 2.4.3 download, will allow "following" a specific IP. This could be used to enhance the stability of that initial connection so testers could find the Indian based SuperNode.

I&#39;m just inventing this as I&#39;m writing, so some of our resident experts could inject wisdom based on many times more experience than I have with this system. Unless actual testing occurs, distant safe harbor SuperNode performance can only be discussed as speculation. This testing would not require any extra expense and it should be fun and instructive. Again, any thoughts on this proposal?

It&#39;s just a matter of time until much faster ISP connections become more common in India. If that were to happen quickly, the international P2P landscape would become very different.
    Tenor Singer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast