Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geforce 5200 256mb Ddr

CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Ok guys, out of all my posts in Klite...I think this is my first in hardware world...

I have a geforce 5200 128 mb agp video card. A bud of mine is going to sell me a geforce 5200 256mb agp video card.

He's gonna sell it to me for 60 bucks, so I'm thinking about it. I'd like to know if there is any major difference between the 128mb version and the 256mb version...

Obviously 256mb is better...I know that...

I just want to know if I should even bother... even if it isn't much difference, I imagine 60 bucks is a good reason to buy...

Whatcha think boys? B)

EDIT: Oh and I should add; I'm not really looking to buy a video card. The one I have is decent enough for the games I play at high detail...I do however have a second computer with a 64mb video card...I wouldn't mind replacing that one with the 128mb, and putting the one I buy, into this computer I'm using... That's why it's not neccessary to say "Go for the 9800 pro for blah", I didn't intend to get a new card, I just had a deal come my way, and want to know if you think it is worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Well, if you are wanting to upgrade the other PC, then I say go for it, 60 is an alright deal for the card,

But just upgrading for 128 to 256 isn't worth it, so I'd say don't go for it in that case. More memory can help on a video card, but 128 is more than enough for just about every games out right now. 64 is enough for the majority of them. So 256 is just an added bonus, which you don't really need.

So basically it all boils down to one question, Will you be gaming on the other PC, and do you need a great card in that machine, if so get the 256 card, and upgrade, if you won't be gaming or doing any other graphically intense tasking, Forget about it...
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The remaining of the 256mb, what will you do? Some games uses only less than 100mb.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well I don't really want to get it just because its 256 and I have 128. I have been wanting to upgrade that second one for some time...

The second one has good amount of ram and a good processor...but the video cards is become...mediocre...

I suppose if I didn't have that second computer...I probably wouldn't go for it...

But since It is a good deal for 60 bucks...and I wouldn't mind putting that 128 in that second computer...and I would obviously get some extra performance with the new card in this computer... I'll go for it. Alright thanks guys. I was just wonderin how much better it does than the 128. One of my brothers does come over and we do play lan Battlefield, cs, and others...that 64 just runs hell with BF1942..I suppose its a good reason right there...

Thanks again

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    tsk tsk....more memory doesnt mean better card.... what makes the card a good card is the core system, its bus, and the bus speeds....

for example, the ati's 9800 128ddr (the "regular" version...first that came out) kicks nvidia's 5900 256ddr by a lottttttttttttt

and this comes from a guy that loves nvidia

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

I know that dwk

It's just that I have bills to pay...and that is hard without a job. Though my fiance takes care of that, I don't want to look even more bad, buying a card, when I'm not even helping out with the money. So I wash the dishes..take out the trash..do some laundry...I'll wash it and dry, but I don't fold

I just wanted to make sure I should go for this. I had to know I wasn't passing up a bad deal . I know a lot about video cards but...I think just needed someone to assure me and say "go for it man". Its a comforting thing

Besides, he's including all the shit. The s-video cable (already have one but..), the manuel, the cd, the box, this connecter thing...the card is brand new.

Thing looks nice too, blue with a nice looking fan on it

I got to have it I don't think he over clocked it

EDIT: Damn. Looking back on this post, I realized: I have a lot of fucking smileys in here

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    lmao

see i even it up now

btw.... i dont recommend you get it.... if you were talking about ati's i would tell ya to go for it..... but not worth it.... even SPECIALLY when its an fx.... and EVEN MORE when its an 5200

however....I would buy it.... but just cuz im a noob spender who cant keep money on a wallet for more than 2 days

anyways...dont buy it

although if u wanna buy it for me...ur welcome

nah jk dont waste money

lata

EDIT: lol i got more smilies omg cant put more

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    @dwk, make up ur mind! should he buy it or not!?!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    i already said no....if it was me i would buy it.... but not recommending it. I have some money saved up and im a hazardous spender

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by DWk@15 December 2003 - 06:42
    i already said no....if it was me i would buy it.... but not recommending it. I have some money saved up and im a hazardous spender

If it was me, I'd buy it too,
    and he did say he needed a better card for playing battlefeild 1942, so I say go for it.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast