Thread: Sharing Tv Rips

hey,
    i wanna share my tv shows that i got but i cant connect my computer to my tv. i gota tv card and ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    eh?

if you have a tv card, then you shouldn't require a television set to capture tv shows. just plug the cable from your cable/satellite tv service into the tv card, or connect your antenna to the tv card if you don't have cable/satellite.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    What?

I assume you want to share TV shows that you already have on your PC, with people who don't have a computer, therefore you need a TV output connection from your VGA card, connected to a VCR.

OR

You have TV shows on a VHS tape (or directly from cable) and you want to share them via computer. Then you'd need a TV capture card

OR

You have TV shows and you want to share them from your PC. Just use K-Lite to share them from your shared folder.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well i only got a card that picks up normal tv not sattelite tv so i want to tape shows off satellite tv and put them on my computer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    hook up just the receiver for you sattelite to your computers video in then set the computer to record what is on the video in jack and change the channel to whatever it is you want to tape using your satelite receiver. (im calling the thing that you put the little card into and change teh channels with and have a guide a satelite receiver becuase im not sure what the real name of it is)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    What he means, is...

Connect the satellite box to the PC, not the TV.

Set your capture card to channel 3.

Start recording.

------------------
    I do the same, except with Cable TV. I always record in DVD quality, so I can edit out the commercials later, without losing the video quality. Then I share the file in either DIVX, XVID or VCD-Mpeg.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Spindulik@17 December 2003 - 03:49
    What he means, is...

Connect the satellite box to the PC, not the TV.

Set your capture card to channel 3.

Start recording.
    exactly what i meant just im bad at explaining...