Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite Encountered An Error And Needs To Close

hi everybody

i'm using windows xp on a sony vaio w/pentium 4 connecting with roadrunner cable broadband

k++ used to work fine up until the last update to 2.4.3

now it won't start and i get the error message "kazaa lite has encountered an error and needs to close"

i've tried a complete removal (including cleaning of all kazaa registry keys) and clean reinstall but nothing works.

i've emptied the my share folder and did everything i could think of to get a clean start.

is there a nasty registry key that prevents k++ from starting?
    ie. anything microsoft update related?

please help

thanx

boomboom

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Here's a topic from the Knowledge Base which might help you: http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=...=0&#entry717658

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thanx sparkle

but none of the fixes worked.

i looked through all the knowledge base articles and faq's i could find but nothing seems to fix the glitch.

anyway, thanx again for trying

boomboom

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by boomboom@16 December 2003 - 16:15

now it won't start and i get the error message "kazaa lite has encountered an error and needs to close"

• Try Using Different Port Settings to connect.
    • Try to Jump SuperNodes.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanx cosmic

but i can't even start kazaa to change the settings.

it closes before it ever starts up.

might be a an unfixable problem, as the amount of feedback shows - nobody seems to have had the same problem.

thanx again for the help

boomboom

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    klefths
    I had the same problem until i found out that one of my dowloads was the cause. It wasn't even a new download. To locate which it was i followed the instruction in Kazaa Lite K++: Resources and Information. Quote : A corrupted partial download

It is possible that a partial download (.dat file) becomes corrupted. This can cause all kinds of stabilty problems.

Solution: Move all of the .dat files out of your shared folder. After that start Kazaa Lite to see if the problem is gone. Now move back the .dat files one by one or a couple at a time. Restart Kazaa Lite everytime after you have put back some files. When the problem is back again, then you know which .dat file caused the problem. Delete that file.

The link to the faq page is http://home.earthlink.net/~kazaaliteinfo/faq1/

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    thanx klefths

i made a new "my shared folder" and renamed the original folder "my shared folder 2" but the problem continued to persist.

so a corrupt .dat file is probably not the cause of the problem.

sorry it took so long to reply

thanx again

boomboom

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Have you tried ad-aware or spybot?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    hi mik3ll

ad-aware, spybot, norton systemworks, firewall, etc.

all in use and nothing found.

i feel clueless

boomboom

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by boomboom@31 December 2003 - 06:23
    hi mik3ll

ad-aware, spybot, norton systemworks, firewall, etc.

all in use and nothing found.

i feel clueless

boomboom
    In the past when upgrading to a new version I've had the same or similar probs. I think sometimes the .exe install files sometimes become corrupt. This is a good .exe for 2.4.3.........may not be the prob but you have nothing to lose try uninstalling your current and install this 1. If you are ask to replace registry files check yes. May not work but trial and error will get you to a solution ...or it has always for much. luck
    here
    oops forgot to add link
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast