Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe D/l

is it safe to d/l music files with k-lite 2.6

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    It is ne'er been safe to download files off P2P networks, clearify your question. If you mean comparing to 2.6, NO because it does not have the IP blocker, only if you use other prgrams with it.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Np

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    In my opinion, get Kazaa Lite 2.4.3 and the UpDates from Agent Smith (get them &#39;er K-Lite Downloads ) and also update the Bad IPs&#39;. It&#39;ll rise your security.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I reccommend that each time you download a music file you should burn your hard disk afterwards, leave the country and get a sex change and a new identity*. Then you should be perfectly safe .

I am not promoting the downloading of copyrighted songs**, but unfortunately for the RIAA you are probably very safe. You wont really need an IP blocker (the RIAA would never offer music files up for download as they could be sued for entrapment) if you are downloading (still a crime). It&#39;s only if you upload that you will be caught. Please don&#39;t use a service such as anonx (pay monthly anonymous proxy being promoted by someone using the alias james_bond_rulez) for illegal purposes as your ISP is spying on you for the good of the country .

*This is not an attempt to help you get away with a crime.
    **I like to be a good citizen and keep myself out of trouble. What I get up to in my spare time is perfectly legal .

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by ThePlasticSurgeon@17 December 2003 - 01:17
    I reccommend that each time you download a music file you should burn your hard disk afterwards, leave the country and get a sex change and a new identity*. Then you should be perfectly safe .(...)
    Stop scaring people

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Use overnet
    and download PGP 8.1
    PGPdisk Daffie-Hoffman 2048 bit encryption
    Then I think you will be safer

Goto eraser.sourceforge.net
    download Eraser v5.0
    If you are sued
    use this program to destroy PGP&#39;s virtual disk file by overwriting 35 times and destroy file name,file size,date.....

Peter Guttman&#39;s method overwrite 35 times
    while Department Of Defense(Aka DoD algorithm) overwrite only 3 times
    Using Erase makes data totally unrecoverable

To recover data from hard disk,you will need "Magnetic field" on Hard disk.
    There are two way to destroy magnetic field
    1:throw your hard disk into fire,since heat destroy magnetic field.
    2verwrite file content for AT LEAST 7 times,making magnetic file very weak.

Don&#39;t forget to destroy file name,it&#39;s important
    If you failed to destroy it,then use recovery tools to recover it,then destroy it properly.

If you are afraid of other traces(ex:Swap file,Recent opened documents)
    Since there are tons of them
    I recommend you use DBAN or Acronis drive cleanser(you can download it via Overnet)and destroy whole hard drive(It may take 24 hours if you use Peter Guttman algorithm which is safest),and then reinstall your system.

In conclusion,to destroy something in HD,you have to "shred" it rather then delete it(formatting,deleting,empty recycle bin won&#39;t work)

Sorry for my poor English(I live in Taiwan ^_^)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    To be safe: download a song, burn it to a cd-r, throw your computer away, leave the country, grow a beard and shave it off, get a new name, and a new computer, download another song, repeat.

Been doing it for 2 years now, havn&#39;t caught me yet have they?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@17 December 2003 - 00:47
    To be safe: download a song, burn it to a cd-r, throw your computer away, leave the country, grow a beard and shave it off, get a new name, and a new computer, download another song, repeat.

Been doing it for 2 years now, havn&#39;t caught me yet have they?
    omg stop scaring the poor guy he just might do it

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    I think I will make a security guide of how to be literally unknown. But I&#39;m kinda lazy... :
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast