Thread: Please Help The Newbe

What is the best way for a Newbe to start his P2P life? I have been looking at alot of different stuff and not to sure were to start. Clean Kazaa 2.6 or Kazaa Lite? Isn't it best to help the Newbes to enlarge the network?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Not sure how to answer this, look around the forum, and be sure to check up on the recent development with K-lite vs Sharman.

Then make your own decision.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    You can start with Emule and Bittorent for instance. Kazaa is almost dying and you can only get mp3 from it. For other things Emule is alright and Bittorent ofcourse fast as lightning speed. Peek around a little bit in the P2P filesharing forum topic and you will find quite a lot of information to decide it for yourself.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Thanks for the help&#33; Is Emule and Bittorent safe for wide spread use? And it sounds like ppl use multiple programs at once? Is that the case? Can I use both?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by I.am@19 December 2003 - 20:06
    You can start with Emule and Bittorent for instance. Kazaa is almost dying and you can only get mp3 from it. For other things Emule is alright and Bittorent ofcourse fast as lightning speed. Peek around a little bit in the P2P filesharing forum topic and you will find quite a lot of information to decide it for yourself.
    Can only get mp3s from it? How about software, films, music videos etc (as long as you preview the films to make sure they&#39;re not fake).

6. Lounge   -   #6
    muchspl2
    if your on dial up, go with kazaa lite or clean kmd, if you got cable your wide open on p2p apps, have a look here to understand all the different apps and how they work etc.
    http://www.slyck.com

in order of what I like
    news groups > irc > bittorrent

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Also whats with me seeing my IP address on these postings? Am I not safe to be in here, or it just something ppl like to scare the Newbes with?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by eldiablo77@19 December 2003 - 20:12
    Also whats with me seeing my IP address on these postings? Am I not safe to be in here, or it just something ppl like to scare the Newbes with?
    They&#39;re just scripts which people have in their signatures which show your IP address, nothing to be scared of.
    And I would only recommend emule for people who can leave their computers on 24/7, as the queues are quite long and they&#39;re large files.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    There&#39;s none with that crap in here

Just block danasoft

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I can leave my computer online 24/7 and have a cable modem so dont mind leaving it on for everyone to share with. As long as it is safe for me. Not being the best with all this P2P just leaves me a little unsure is all. I got out when Napster went down and scrapped all my files but I look forward to getting back and helping out the cause.