Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jackson

(Jackson Backs Out Of UK Trip)
    Michael Jackson's trip to the UK has been thrown into doubt amid report's he has backed out.
    Jackson was allowed to travel to promote his cd ,Number Ones,in Britain where it is selling better than in the USA,despite being on a £2million pound bail,charged with child sexual abuse.
    New's of the planned "sneak in sneak out"Christmas trip has prompted a group of Labour MPs & a host of Child Welfare Groups to call for him to be banned from entering the UK.Putting pressure on Home Secretary David Blunkett.
    Even his friend Uri Geller advised him not to come to the UK,fearing the media would tear him apart.
    Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott questioned the desision of the US Authorities to allow Jackson to travel to the UK.
    Mr Prescott told BBCs breakfast with Frost on Sunday.There is alway's a presumption that a man is innocent until proved guilty it's a pretty strong rule,but he added "I must confess I was a little suprised that someone in America can be released from their bail condition of not travelling abroad to promote a CD,saying it was important to hold the innocent until guily principle.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by dwightfry@22 December 2003 - 12:03
    * He was abused by his father (and we all know that the majority of child molesters were abused themselves).
    True, but hundreds of thousands more people were abused by there father didn't become child molesters.
    Yes, but very few people who were NOT abused later become an abuser. The fac that he WAS abused makes him MORE likely to be an abuser.

Like FatBastard I read the article and dismissed it for the biased crap it is.

* He has very unusual relationships with children, including his own. (Baby and the balcony? "I share my bed with children")

Guess what......There are 2 girls I used to baby sit. They would take naps with me, I may be sleeping on the couch and Amanda (Age 7) will cuddle next to me and put my arm around her, or god forbid, she takes a nap in my bed. OH MY GOD I'M SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There isn't anything wrong with a kid falling asleep, it's not that unusual. If they are comfortable around an adult, they want them to be with them while they sleep. My mom took naps with the kids she baby sat all the time.
    No there is nothing wrong with a kid falling asleep with you, cuddles etc. My issue is WTF is Michael Jackson doing babysitting?!? Has he opened an agency or something? He's a pop star and he has random parents dropping their kids off for the weekend while they go on holidays?

If you or I were to act like he does with children (like the baby over the balcony) we would have Social Services around within hours to whip our kids off to a foster home.

* He is a total loonatic. Seriously. Look at the guy. Tell me he is not certifiably insane. True, bad dress sense is no reason to question his sanity (or is it?) but he has disfigured himself so much you have to wonder why he likes going under the knife so much. Cut your face up with a razor and you'd be crazy, pay someone else to cut your face with a very sharp razor and you're a pop star! 

He's nuts, no denying it, and not very smart either. He should have learned to back off the first time. But he doesn't see anything wrong with it so he didn't.
    So you still think he is a great person to trust your kids with? Most paedophile's don't see anything wrong with what they do. They justify their behaviour by saying "but they liked it". Everyone likes being physically stimulated, but when someone close to you, who isupposed to be looking out for YOUR interests mixes it up with their pleasure there is a problem, which is why many vicims of abuse are confused about the situation. Whether they liked it or not is not the issue. It's the fact that the adult is put in a position of trust, and has abused that trust.

Oh and 2 kids in 10 years. How many times have you heard about one person bring charges against a paedophile and then 6 months or 4 years later someone else comes out with similar charges.

Saying "He raped me," or "She made me touch her" are pretty fucking big things to say and many people can't handle saying them, especially when people tear shreds off them and attack their credibility. So some people NEVER come forward. He ma have abused 20 kids. If they don't come forward, we'll never know and peopl will continue to say "but it was only 2 acusation in 10 years". Would you want to be in that kid's position: half the world hates you for calling their hero a kiddie fiddler and the other half believing you so you'll tell them all the juicy bits? (Sad but true).

I'm sure his fans trust him too, so they are also confused.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by Alex H@22 December 2003 - 20:23
    Saying "He raped me," or "She made me touch her" are pretty fucking big things to say and many people can't handle saying them, especially when people tear shreds off them and attack their credibility. So some people NEVER come forward. He ma have abused 20 kids. If they don't come forward, we'll never know and peopl will continue to say "but it was only 2 acusation in 10 years". Would you want to be in that kid's position: half the world hates you for calling their hero a kiddie fiddler and the other half believing you so you'll tell them all the juicy bits? (Sad but true).

I'm sure his fans trust him too, so they are also confused.
    the overriding priority of these threads about michael jackson seems to be the presumption of guilt. and it takes neither bravery nor honesty to make accusations. if you are going to accuse someone of a crime in america, then you very well OUGHT to have your credibility questioned-- the credibility of witnesses and evidence is the thing upon which american courts decide their cases.

MJ may be guilty or he may not be, but i certainly don't rule out the possibility that the child has been urged to tell lies. that is not a terribly far-fetched explanation, at all, at this point where no evidence has been revealed and it's known that the boy's family aren't unaccustomed to suing people over sexual abuse.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Well if you're stupid enough to leave you kid alone with Michael Jackson, you may be stupid enough to leave your kid with other weird people.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    no, the mother actually sued a department store a few years ago, claiming that its security guards sexually assaulted her. 'course, what did she do, to be detained by the guards in the first place... shoplifting?

nowadays it is both common and likely in america that people make a career out of accusing & suing others, so it is not unfair at all to be suspicious of those who seem to be in the habit of suing. you can switch on just about any small claims court television show, and eventually see a petty con artist who turns out to have previously filed 10, 20, or 30 similar frivolous lawsuits against others.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    my god dwightfry your a paedophile!!!!! i personally believe MJ is innocent, what is wrong with sleeping in the same bed as a kid? nothing, having sex, yes, but sleeping is perfectably acceptable, it shows he wants to give people who have had less fortunate childhoods than most that he cares for them...is that such a terrible thing?

Masta.z!

Heal The World
    Make It A Better Place
    For You And For Me
    And The Entire Human Race
    There Are People Dying
    If You Care Enough
    For The Living
    Make A Better Place
    For You And For Me

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I personally don't think MJ did a thing like that, it is just because of the money. I wanna know, how big was this Ian Huntley thing in America? It was massive here in London and the rest of the UK.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Poster
    Ignorance of people purchasing diamonds and necklaces,
    And barely able to keep the payments up on their lessons,
    And enrolled in a class and don?t know who the professor is,
    How low people go for the dough and make a mess of things,
    Kids are murdering other kids for the fun of it,
    Instead of using their mind or their fist, they put a gun in it
    Wanna be a part of a clique, don?t know who?s running it,
    Tragedy on top of tragedy you know it?s killing me.
    So many people in agony, this shouldn?t have to be,
    Too busy focusing on ourselves and not His Majesty,
    There has to be some type of change for this day and age,
    We gotta rearrange and flip the page,
    Living encaged like animals and cannibals,
    Eating each other alive just to survive the nine to five,
    Every single day is trouble while we struggle and strive
    Peace of mind?s so hard to find.

Chorus
    I wanna shout, throw my hands up and shout
    What?s this madness all about
    All this makes me wanna shout
    You know it makes me wanna shout,
    Throw my hands up and shout
    What?s this madness all about
    All this makes me wanna shout, c?mon now

Verse 2
    Problems, complications and accusations
    Dividing the nations and races of empty faces
    A war is taking place.
    No substitution for restitution, the only solution for peace
    Is increasing the height of your spirituality.
    Masses of minds are shrouded, clouded visions
    Deceptions and indecision, no faith or religion, how we?re living.
    The clock is ticking, the end is coming, there?ll be no warning,
    But we live to see the dawn.

Bridge
    How can we preach, when all we make this world to be
    Is a living hell torturing our minds.
    We all must unite, to turn darkness to light,
    And the love in our hearts will shine.

Verse 3
    We?re disconnected from love, we?re disrespecting each other
    Whatever happened to protecting each other
    Poisoned your body and your soul for a minute of pleasure,
    But the damage that you?ve done is gonna last forever.
    Babies being born in the world already drug addicted and afflicted,
    Family values are contradicted.
    Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, the pressure is building and I?ve had enough.

We should give this legend some respect while he is still alive!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234