Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plenty Of Sorces, Just Unable To ....

Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 December 2003 - 09:43
    the size makes no difference to klite if you have sources, there are no available sources for your files.
    There are sources, I've even talked to some of the people that had the files that I needed. The sources are there, it just won't connect. Small files like mp3s I have no problem with what so ever, the big files is where I have my problem.

Again the sources are there, I've talked to the sources by messaging.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    doesn't alway's mean there slots are all open.With sharman's latest attemt to end the klite it;s gonna be harder to get connected.I suggest you try jumping supernodes pause the file then resume or look for it again and make sure you click the chech mark if it contains mutiple sources and try different sources.Patiebce is the #1 rule don't beleive everythibg you see remember that info is not current.And if you have auto search on turn it off.Once you click to download it try doing a few searches again then turn on auto search for 2 minutes and see what happens.What file are you trying to download anyway?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    KevT
    What are you after someone may have it/them even me then you could get a supernode to them/me and see how that goes for a test.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I seem to have the best luck getting on university nodes and saving them in my favorites and using only certain nodes since it usually don't jump unless your searching alot or have your accelerator set at a faster run time(i leave mine at 700 sec. and usually turn it off when i'm at my computer which i then manually search every once in awhile the accelerators are nice but they can also give you download problems if they run too much.then your gonna be jumping nodes and klite dont have a chance to find or get you in a slot.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    BANNED
    Originally posted by KevT+23 December 2003 - 16:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KevT @ 23 December 2003 - 16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@23 December 2003 - 09:43
    the size makes no difference to klite if you have sources, there are no available sources for your files.
    There are sources, I&#39;ve even talked to some of the people that had the files that I needed. The sources are there, it just won&#39;t connect. Small files like mp3s I have no problem with what so ever, the big files is where I have my problem.

Again the sources are there, I&#39;ve talked to the sources by messaging. [/b][/quote]
    boss there are no sources there is no other reason why klite would not download, if there is an AVAILABLE SOURCE klite will connect to and download from.

now you guys ask and we answer, i&#39;m not gonna argue with you, if you know better then we do then fix it yourself, but if you are looking for an answer then you got one, you decide to accept it or not, good day boss

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+24 December 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 24 December 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by KevT@23 December 2003 - 16:12
    <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN
    @23 December 2003 - 09:43

There are sources, I&#39;ve even talked to some of the people that had the files that I needed. The sources are there, it just won&#39;t connect. Small files like mp3s I have no problem with what so ever, the big files is where I have my problem.

Again the sources are there, I&#39;ve talked to the sources by messaging.
    boss there are no sources there is no other reason why klite would not download, if there is an AVAILABLE SOURCE klite will connect to and download from.

now you guys ask and we answer, i&#39;m not gonna argue with you, if you know better then we do then fix it yourself, but if you are looking for an answer then you got one, you decide to accept it or not, good day boss [/b][/quote]
    Oh well Musleman I agree when someone helps and has a chip the size that you have on your shoulder its time to pack up. I have done all the supernode checks etc. AND you may be the SUPER expert but what you tell me just does not work....
    So be an expert and feel happy that you are right and we are all just idiots.
    Have a Merry Christmas in the knowledge that you have peeved another Klite user off.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    What exactly are you trying to download?Maybe if you could tell us that might help.The name of the file?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Have since used shareaza to dowenload &#39;The hobbit&#39; game (was slower then k&#39;lite used to be but got it no problem from there now) and then I tried &#39;Lord of the rings&#39; game on K&#39;lite but always the same, lots of users but just always connecting and then adding new sources then connecting but never actually downloading anything. I have used K&#39;lite for a long time but this is definetely new in the last couple of months. Only works fine on small files. Anyway I am sure it will be fixed soon as there are more and more poeople complaining about the same thing everywhere on K&#39;lite forum. I have tried all the new supernode locates and jumps etc..
    Anyway as I said before not to worry, I am sure it will be fixed soon.
    I&#39;ll sign off

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    See a little lookin around and you got it. :beerchug:

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    BANNED
    there is no fix to not having sources, what is it about DON&#39;T PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU SEE IN THE SEARCH WINDOW do you guys not understand??

if there are no connectable sources nothing i say will find it for you, for the last time
    THERE ARE NO SOURCES FOR YOUR FILES

if you feel there is more than that then please answer all of these questions:

1.Are you firewalled? (firewall on your computer or at your router or ISP?)
    2.Are you behind router/on a LAN/on a college connection? (port forwarding + KaNAT may help&#33
    3.Are you on SBC, Shaw, Optimum Online ISPs? (these actively block most/all Kazaa traffic.)
    4.Have you scanned for viruses using VERY up-to-date AV software?
    5.Have you scanned for adware/trojans using Ad Aware and/or SpyBot Seek and Destroy?
    6.Have you run a Disk Cleanup and Scandisk in the last week and Defrag in the last month or 2?
    7.Have you disabled/closed/uninstalled unneeded programs that CAN access the internet while KL++ is running? (Checking start, run MSCONFIG, then startup tab can tell you just how MUCH you have loading on windows startup.)
    8.What is your connection type and download/upload speed as rated by your ISP (and measured using online tests, if possible)?
    9.What max download slots, max upload slots, and max upload bandwidth are you set to? (Not knowing this can end up using VERY bad settings for your connection.)
    10.How many download sources does KL++ allow PER unfinished download?
    11.Is optimal bandwidth while idle/extra uploads to users while idle enabled? (It SHOULD BE DISABLED&#33; It is a very broken feature&#33

last i just wanted to say that i&#39;m not saying anybody is an idot, i never understood why people come and ask a question we have looked at and seen a million times, and then when we answer we are told we are wrong, i mean if you are asking then we are giving the answer, the answer is in my first post, should after all of that you can&#39;t downlaod a file then there are no damn sources for it, and thats that, this is not my opinion, but facts, if you want i can prove it to you.

lastly no version of kazaa differentiates between "small" files and "large" files when it comes to searching for sources and downlaoding them, all of that is in your heads.

merry christmas to you and everybody else, you might want to try our request and verified section and see if you have better luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123