View Poll Results: Death penalty, are you for or against?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • No i'm against deathpenalty

43 36.44%
  • No, i'm against deathpenalty.. but in some cases i think..... (specify)

27 22.88%
  • Yes, i'm for deathpenalty

44 37.29%
  • No opinion

4 3.39%
Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty

jetje's Avatar former star
    Seeing the Sadam poll i was wondering what people think of it in general?

I often wonder myself what is the worst punishment. Personally i think that if someone is sentenced for life without a chance to get out get a harder punishment then someone that's sentenced to death. Why the last one only suffers for a short time while imprissoned for life gives the person a very long time to think about what he has done! Also it is not so definitive solution, in case of false conviction, which sometimes happens
    Also don't really believe in the eye for an eye punishment.

So basicly, i'm against it.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    It is institutionalised murder.

I am against it, in every circumstance.

Tho' I am finding it difficult to answer "are you for or against it" with a yes or no.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I can't choose, but for other reasons.

I feel that if we could somehow combine the death penalty with life imprisonment, we might approach proper punishment.

This is one area where I give full rein to my feelings, rather than my logic.

I am aware of how this view must seem to others, but there you have it.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Can I assume that :

Yes = For It.

No = Against It.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I am for it but only because there is an absence of another punishment......exile.
    I would propose a "jailing" similiar to that of the movie No Escape. The worst of the worst is put on an island with others of their like. Therefore government can wash their hands of murder (which the death penalty is).
    There is barley enough room, at least in the US, for the prisoners we already have.

Exile the vermin away and monitor the island for those trying to escape. If they kill each other, so be it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by J'Pol@18 December 2003 - 22:03
    Can I assume that :

Yes = For It.

No = Against It.
    Very good J' Pol
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman+18 December 2003 - 23:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 18 December 2003 - 23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@18 December 2003 - 22:03
    Can I assume that :

Yes = For It.

No = Against It.
    Very good J&#39; Pol [/b][/quote]
    Is that a yes

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Busyman@18 December 2003 - 18:03
    I am for it but only because there is an absence of another punishment......exile.
    I would propose a "jailing" similiar to that of the movie No Escape. The worst of the worst is put on an island with others of their like. Therefore government can wash their hands of murder (which the death penalty is).
    There is barley enough room, at least in the US, for the prisoners we already have.

Exile the vermin away and monitor the island for those trying to escape. If they kill each other, so be it.
    I think you&#39;ve hit on it directly, sir.

Unending fear and isolation.

And no access to appeal.

What a comforting thought.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+18 December 2003 - 23:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 18 December 2003 - 23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@18 December 2003 - 18:03

I think you&#39;ve hit on it directly, sir.

Unending fear and isolation.

And no access to appeal.

What a comforting thought. [/b][/quote]
    For what crimes would you advocate this Draconian punishment chaps.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@18 December 2003 - 23:03
    Can I assume that :

Yes = For It.

No = Against It.
    yes J&#39;Pol that&#39;s how it was ment. Adjusted the poll options now so it&#39;s more clear. thnx

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast