Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One?...

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 16:04

Hey blacker
    Lower the cost of CDs then we'll talk further.

I get CD-Rs almost free so I know record companies pay next to nothing PER CD.
    The whole manufacturing process is less than when vinyl was out.
    Furthermore you have RAISED the cost of CDs to the consumer more than when they were first in record stores.

That's called pricing yourself out of business.

I almost forgot about the scandel of price-fixing and collusion between the record companies and record stores keeping the prices high across the board.

And there will always be a need for communications technicians ma'am to which I am.
    Who's gonna hook up your precious T-1 or better yet repair it when lightning burns up your smartjack.

I happen to make music myself and still hate you greedy fucks.

"Record company people are shadyyyyy"
    "So kids watch your back cause' I think they smoke crack"
    "I don't doubt it, look how they act"

Q-Tip, A Tribe Called Quest
    The need for technicians is a great thing. You are still just thinking of yourself and your field makes you biased. I'm in no way opposed to you making money. However there can be only so many technicians. For the record, I would be a sir and not a ma'am.
    that already has been happening for years

your forgettign 1 thing

Music is abotu Entertainemtn NOT money
    Without money, you remove incentive. Try working for free. What's wrong with your favorite group or artist(s) making money? You can still love what you do and make money.
    Ive worked my ass off allot for free before.

and as I said artist who are bitching about being ripped off are making double what anyone from this board is making already if it wasn't for the music industry riping us and the artists off of more then we wouldn't have a problem.

I would pay to see a Band live of course coz at least I know where most of that money is going too artist production crew etc.

2. Music   -   #52
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 07:04
    Without money, you remove incentive. Try working for free. What's wrong with your favorite group or artist(s) making money? You can still love what you do and make money.
    you ever heard of the band "amen"

probably not, but one of my favourite bands, yet their last album after finishing recording sony decided to drop them and wouldn't release the album so what did amen do? they took sony to court to get their songs released via compilation albums etc... without making any money for it, all they wanted was to get their music out there whilst they started working in crap jobs...

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

3. Music   -   #53
    IF your going to be a musician like me in this day in age you SHOULD know what your getting yourself into with technology and stuff it is up to the musician to find themselves another job which will pay will if there music isn't paying enough.

fuck I mean how much do these top 40 crap bullshit artists make?? and it's those bands that are bitching the most aka Metallica

So if your thinking of making a living out of music its your choose you know what your getting yourself into.

Like starting your own business or buying a house you know what could happen you could get broken into etc or go plain BUST its the Artist Responsibility of what there getting into if they don't expect it then there not smart enough
    Hey maybe we can all have two jobs. Hell, why not three. Why not right?[/QUOTE]
    This blacker guy is obviously RIAA but I can't in good conscience say it isn't stealing.
    [QUOTE]Wrong, I'm actually a musician that would mind doing what I love and making money from it too. In general, there are a lot more people involved when it comes to making cd's. Who pays the people who actually burn the cd's? Who pay for the packagers? who pays for the legal contracts and the lawyers? The sales dept? promotion dept? You guessed it. I guess those peoples jobs aren't necessary.

4. Music   -   #54
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 06:18
    IF your going to be a musician like me in this day in age you SHOULD know what your getting yourself into with technology and stuff it is up to the musician to find themselves another job which will pay will if there music isn't paying enough.

fuck I mean how much do these top 40 crap bullshit artists make?? and it's those bands that are bitching the most aka Metallica

So if your thinking of making a living out of music its your choose you know what your getting yourself into.

Like starting your own business or buying a house you know what could happen you could get broken into etc or go plain BUST its the Artist Responsibility of what there getting into if they don't expect it then there not smart enough
    Hey maybe we can all have two jobs. Hell, why not three. Why not right?
    This blacker guy is obviously RIAA but I can't in good conscience say it isn't stealing.
    Wrong, I'm actually a musician that would mind doing what I love and making money from it too. In general, there are a lot more people involved when it comes to making cd's. Who pays the people who actually burn the cd's? Who pay for the packagers? who pays for the legal contracts and the lawyers? The sales dept? promotion dept? You guessed it. I guess those peoples jobs aren't necessary.
    1. Go back and learn how to use the quote button.
    2. Raising the cost of the product prices ALL of those people out of business.
    3. P2P isn't affecting record sales THAT much or there wouldn't be "record"-breaking sales of old and new artists in the last 4 years.

STFU and get the facts straight
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Music   -   #55
    Ad's point has already been addressed.

Anyway you haven't addressed my points or are you blind?
    You see, I have intimate knowledge of the record biz so I know the cost of manufacturing, royalty points for the artist, have done "work for hire", etc.
    You are on this "this is wrong", "what if no one bought CDs" shit and are not addressing the "why".
    Go back and do your homework>
    Am i blind? read my previous posts. As for the why: Human nature. Nobody is going to pay for ANYTHING that they don't have to. That's the truth. Everything else is pure bullshit. If you made millions doing what you do, there would be millions hating on you and what you do. And, if money doesn't matter to you, work for free now! You won't cause you've earned your position. And yes, as I stated earlier the record companies are making a killing. God bless America! Free enterprise. Free market. Or should we all be communists?

6. Music   -   #56
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    wtf I got lost with that f*King quote

7. Music   -   #57
    3. P2P isn't affecting record sales THAT much or there wouldn't be "record"-breaking sales of old and new artists in the last 4 years.

1. How's this for using the the quote button. Feel free to nit pick as a means of showing your intelligence and maturity. It speaks volumes.
    2. Prices are raised everywhere and people are still working. It's up to the individual to market ones self.
    3. P2P affects record sales. Period. But what do you care? Your not losing money. You don't even want to part with $18.00. Good for you!

8. Music   -   #58
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    ok if u dont agree with d/l music thats your opinion. which is fine and i dont really care how u feel on that subject. But this is a file-sharing forum! So if you dont want to share or be pro-sharing then leave cause you are here on the basis of starting trouble. We are a very close file sharing community expecially here in musicworld. Please do not start trouble cause we are not searching for it.

plzthnx

9. Music   -   #59
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    sparsely

looks...

sees lots of quotes...

sees lots of paragraphs...

deduces that a debate is in progress...

feels the sudden moronic force of numerous poorly thought-out/typed-out opinions pressing against his monitor....

sparsely flees to save his poor, half-eaten brain.

+ here's a random picture of some puppies.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Music   -   #60
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 06:41

1. How's this for using the the quote button. Feel free to nit pick as a means of showing your intelligence and maturity. It speaks volumes.
    2. Prices are raised everywhere and people are still working. It's up to the individual to market ones self.
    3. P2P affects record sales. Period. But what do you care? Your not losing money. You don't even want to part with $18.00. Good for you!
    1. Great!!! YOUR volume of intelligence has grown. Glad to see you've learned young one.
    2. Well STFU coming on a P2P forum preaching to us about buying some overpriced crap.
    3. No I don't want part with $18 when I know that overall costs to the record company have gone DOWN and yet the cost to the consumer has gone UP. I've read countless material on what the real cost of CD music should be and may shock you to know it UNDER $9.
    Record companies are not in any risk of going under due to P2P (at least not for now).

Unless you have anything more meaningful to add
    1. STFU
    2. repeat step 2
    3. repeat step 3
    4. and GTFO!!!

You are obviously supremely tendentious.

Everyone thought your music was shit; that's why it didn't sell

You are now blacklisted mmmmmmmmbyby
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast