Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 Last Time

Which out of the 4 9600 series card's is the best? And with the best one, what would be a good price for it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by opivykid@20 December 2003 - 18:05
    Which out of the 4 9600 series card's is the best? And with the best one, what would be a good price for it?
    the 9600xt is the most powerful at default settings
    price depends on where you are...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    my 5200 is awsome...i havent had any probs wit the following..

call of duty
    celeb deathmatch
    nfs underground
    midnight club 2
    command and conquer
    XIII

so many more...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Nive then I shall go with the 9600xt.

What do you mean by "price depends on where you are..."? US, if that helps any....

Also, how long do you guys think the xt will last me before I must purchase another card to keep up with new games?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    So your saying that the "ATi Radeon 9600XT 128MB" is better than the "ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB"? I&#39;m guessing the mb&#39;s really don&#39;t matter much, but just to be sure...........

Also, if you were to buy the card, and you lived in the USA, where would you get it from?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by opivykid@22 December 2003 - 06:03
    So your saying that the "ATi Radeon 9600XT 128MB" is better than the "ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB"? I&#39;m guessing the mb&#39;s really don&#39;t matter much, but just to be sure...........

Also, if you were to buy the card, and you lived in the USA, where would you get it from?
    Definately, all of the 9600&#39;s with 256 mb ram all use crappy, high latency ram.

Read the fine print and you will see.

AFAIK the 9600 XT uses Samsung 2.86ms ram and should be an excellent overclocking candidate.

However, if you are shorter on cash than you would like to be, you could also get the 9600 pro and overclock it to the speeds of the XT.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Nice then the XT is mine. "Also, if you were to buy the card, and you lived in the USA, where would you get it from?" = ? I&#39;m hopeing for some sort of good price, because who knows what Best Buy sells it for.......

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    are u planning on retail store or internet....the net is almost always cheaper....i know u can find a 9600xt on pricewatch for 156 us dollars

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Nice thanks.

EDIT = On pricewatch they list it as 128mb, and 256mb, which one shall I buy?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Depends on the pricing, but to be honest, NO GAMES out today even start to tap that extra 128MB of video memory. Heck, Half Life 2 probably wont either.

256MB for memory is just un needed right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast