the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    eMule's okay, I can d/l at about 80 kBs but I still prefer Kazaa, my upload speed isn't the greatest and I'd rather have 2 or 3 ppl downloading from me at a better speed than having 10 ppl d/ling at 2.00 because I allowed 20 for upload bandwidth.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    I think there may be some confusion re the credit system. Here's what it actually says.

Credit System

Every client which connects to you for any reason is remebered by his userhash (this is not your ID or IP).
    If this client allows you to download, or you upload to him, emule saves the amount of transfered bytes in a file (clients.met).
    Everytime when a client asks you for a file the two transfer values are used to calculate a modifier, which directly affects the asking clients rating and his place in the queue.

Ok here are the technical values:
    modifier = (2*uploaded to you) / downloaded form you

So if client X has downloaded 2 Mbyets form you and you 3 MB from him he gets a modifier of (3*2 /2) = 3.0 . That means if he waits in your queue his waiting time counts 3.0 times more than the waiting time of client Y.

However the modifier can not be greater than 10.0 or smaller then 1.0.

All clients with a modifier greater than 1 are indicated by a yellow icon in your uploadwindow.

The credits seem to be between individuals and not the system as a whole. So if someone has provided a lot to you then they will jump up in your queue. Obviously if you supply a lot to a lot of people then you will have high credit, but only with those people.

The highest speed I have reached with emule is 62k. As I have cable this is pretty much as fast as I can go.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    The highest speed I reached with eMule was 115.6k. I almost fainted when I saw that.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by Shinigami@17 February 2003 - 21:38
    Sharereactor only works with  Edonkey, EMule, Overnet and the like.
    Greetings All,

I have also used the Sharereactor links with Shareaza on the Gnutella/Gnutella2 networks and it seemed to work quite well.

Has anyone else had any experience of this Gnutella2 network?

Regards to All.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    sharereactor is the best. i use overnet and get downloads of up to 150k/uploads 15k, whereas kazaa i can dl up to 50k all totalled. also the donkey networks shares files before you finished downloading them, that way files spread faster. there are a lot more files, just not as many users (compared to kazaa). all files posted on sr(shortform of sharereactor) are verified and 100% the real deal. like the gary bolton win xp, which can be updated with sp1, maybe even sp2 didn't try. also another site which offers ed2k links is http://www.sharelive.com ... it also has sig2dat links, but they're not very good, cuz they'll always tell you that the file is 0 kb big, untill you find someone, which will take ages. using the donkey had it's benefits, but don't get files that have under 5 sources! they'll be hell to get. also you can set file priorities, that way people get to download more rare files before the widely spread files. btw eMule and eDonkey2000 still use servers, but overnet is serverless. you can get them here: www.overnet.com www.edonkey2000.com www.emuleproject.net

Greetz,
    KraZaka

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by artmaster88@27 February 2003 - 18:38
    it also has sig2dat links, but they're not very good, cuz they'll always tell you that the file is 0 kb big, untill you find someone, which will take ages.
    Just search fo rthe file manually too. You can't just let Kazaa do all the work now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123