Thread: Lindows

I just heard about lindows, a linux/windows combo OS. Is it worth getting? Is it compatable with programs and an easy transistion? Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I heard it is very unsecure since you always run as root but it will install the whole thing in less then 3 minutes now that is impressive.

oh yeah and they are being sued by microsoft over the name, so they will probably change their name real soon.

edit: here is a review of version 4.0 but version 4.5 was released on the 16th so it will be a little out of date.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    I just installed lindows laptop edition, it took about 20 or so to install, but it didn't recognize my usb network card
    seemed nice, I had to just reformat and put 2kpro on it, thing is the usb is supposed to be Linux compatible well it said red hat 9
    but it was over my head and could find anything after a hour of goggleing

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    sounds like you need to make sure you have the usb module loaded in your kernel.

I have no idea what that means really but i have heard lots of other people say that about my linux usb problem

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    oh yeah and they are being sued by microsoft over the name, so they will probably change their name real soon.
    Im not suprised

they would probably sue a glass windows company if they called their business windows

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    a glass window company doesn't' make a OS
    its infringement, but will only help them because of the press and attaching