Thread: My Client Banned

geprobert's Avatar Poster
    The other day I had an automated message from someone that said "your client has been banned because it was leeching"...

I am sharing a good few files, 36GB (popular files too, not just a large amount) and my uploads are always up to the limit. Having just checked my statistics, I found that I have downloaded 26GB since installing eMule, and uploaded 16GB - I thought that fair enough (I installed about 6 weeks ago). At the moment, everyone is uploading American Pie 3...

Anyway, I was just a bit confused... was this a server banning me because I am using eMule instead of eDonkey, and so the privacy option is set? My personal definition of leeching is downloading without uploading, and I wasn't doing that... I was sat reading my mails and the little mule guy pops up in the corner and says I'm leeching!

But besides that, I have been impressed with eMule - the only drawback being the lack of slightly more obscure music and films, and the fairly basic searching. I like the band Embrace from the UK, and K-lite brings up quite a lot of stuff - with eMule you'd think they weren't even a signed band with the lack of results!

2. File Sharing   -   #2

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    geprobert's Avatar Poster
    I never do enough reading!!! thanks for that - need to look harder next time...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by geprobert@19 December 2003 - 20:01
    The other day I had an automated message from someone that said "your client has been banned because it was leeching"...
    yer...I had one saying "my client was being too aggressive"

I was watching tv at the time

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    for shame lol

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    /me only accepts messages from friends...
    just ignore it, or update your client.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free