Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R & B ?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    R & B is the 50s and 60s.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@20 December 2003 - 01:34
    Thaaaaaankyou and the early 70's

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #23
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@20 December 2003 - 01:34
    I think you will find it goes away back to the 20's and 30's FC. Jeez I just replied to a music post.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab+19 December 2003 - 20:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 19 December 2003 - 20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@20 December 2003 - 01:34
    I think you will find it goes away back to the 20&#39;s and 30&#39;s FC.[/b][/quote]

No.That would be Jump Blues, Uptempo Jazz and Swing.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+20 December 2003 - 01:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 20 December 2003 - 01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bigboab@19 December 2003 - 20:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
    @20 December 2003 - 01:34

I think you will find it goes away back to the 20&#39;s and 30&#39;s FC.
    No.That would be Jump Blues, Uptempo Jazz and Swing. [/b][/quote]
    I bow to your superior knowledge, for now FC.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@19 December 2003 - 18:33
    Johnny Winter would agree and so would a thousand real R&B artists,
    Johnny Winter???&#33;&#33;&#33;
    A thousand "real" R&B artists may agree that Johnny Winter ain&#39;t one of them maybe....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Johnny Winter played Rhythm and Blues

Altho he was a master slide blues guitarist he also done a number of R&B style songs B)
    Besides even his normal stuff like Highway 61 was closer to R&B than this modern crap is

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@20 December 2003 - 01:33
    Each to their own dude, everyone can like what they will

And of course, you have the right to be wrong

Nah all this crap they call R&B now is&#39;nt R&B, Johnny Winter would agree and so would a thousand real R&B artists, this is just modern day rap. By their standards Public Enemy is R&B

Sorry, it just bugs me with all these noise people making shit loads of money when they really have no talent to speak of.
    Millions upon millions of people can do what they do (not just R&B but most of this manufactured crap) , we want more REAL bands, people who play music, write their own songs, play their own instruments and can actually play Live without lipsinking

Just my opinion

Jonno B)
    Ahhh you are refering to playing instruments instead of the "synthesized" crap that&#39;s been out as of late.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    I play 4 instruments and it pains me when I hear horns played on a keyboard but......being a musician, I write music as well and I cannot deny the composition of the music.
    The manufactured sound is shitty yes, but you can play live all day long and your composition may not be pleasing to the ear. Go-go bands in my native DC played trumpet before now they use more keyboard.
    The older music has always been best.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Just a wee note on that Busy. When I was fairly young 60&#39;s, I did not like the Beatles. I thought that they were taking the mickey out of the record buying public. Especially with the release of Yellow Submarine. It was a case of lets see what we can get away with. Till I heard (I think) Paperback Writer, then I thought hey this group are better than I thought. Later I found out that the record had been electronically produced in the studio. Imagine there was me right all along.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    True, compostion is an art in itself, trouble being is most bands now have it done for them

I was talking to a guy about this the other day.
    There was a tv show here called "Faking It", it was basically take someone from 1 walk of life (eg mechanic) and train them in 3 months to be something else (eg actor) and they are then judged by pro&#39;s against Real actors.

One of these shows had a classical Chelist (sorry if thats spelt wrong, she plays the chello) and in 3 months she was trained as a DJ for clubs.
    She won, she convinced even Pete Tong that she had been doing it for 6 years yet she did&#39;nt even know how to turn the thing on before this show.
    Now..........reverse that&#33; Take a DJ and in 3 months have them convince pro&#39;s that they have been playing Chello for 6 years&#33;

Impossible&#33;&#33;

Therefore there is not a lot to the art of DJing, sorry if thats harsh but no one can argue the above point&#33;

Still respect to anyone who performs because it&#39;s something I can&#39;t do.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast