Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow!

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by TheDave+20 December 2003 - 19:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave &#064; 20 December 2003 - 19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@20 December 2003 - 19:12
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @20 December 2003 - 18:08
    No you manifest a prejudice which is uniquely Scottish, so no worries there. At least you have enough insight into your cerebral incompetence to select an appropriate username.

lmfao

so all the anti-americans in the world are scottish?

what a stupid thing to say, from such an intelligent person
    its bad to not like americans but all scottish are biggots? [/b][/quote]
    This one is not a &#39;Big ot&#39; he is a big boab.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    lol sorry. i went bit jp. i dont wanna fight... love me&#33; love meeeee&#33;

3. Lounge   -   #33
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by stupidguy@20 December 2003 - 09:43
    I Don&#39;t Really Like Americans I Hope I&#39;m Not Acting Like One
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Touche noob. I think a certain Scottish mod secretly edited my post, this is how I actually typed it.

"No you manifest prejudice, which is uniquely Scottish, so no worries there. At least you have enough insight into your cerebral incompetence to select an appropriate username."

TheDave read it as intended, I wanted to turn the tables and see how Scottish people enjoyed being lumped into the "prejudice" category. Such an unfair and ignorant generalization, equal to that given by the original poster. TheDave didn&#39;t like it, as I intended.

It was meant to be ironic; however, the addition of a single letter by some higher power, slightly twisted the meaning.

I just wonder how "I don&#39;t like black people, I hope I&#39;m not acting like one." would have been received. I doubt it would have been greeted with a and then forgotten.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    woohoo. i got it

although i think popular oppinion is not that we dont like americans. we just dont like america and americanism, if you understand what i mean

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by hobbes+20 December 2003 - 19:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 20 December 2003 - 19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stupidguy@20 December 2003 - 18:43
    I Don&#39;t Really Like Americans I Hope I&#39;m Not Acting Like One
    No you manifest a prejudice which is uniquely Scottish, so no worries there. At least you have enough insight into your cerebral incompetence to select an appropriate username. [/b][/quote]
    Yes I admit Hobbes, the majority of Scots are prejudiced. Prejudiced to the right of the common man wherever he/she lives, regardless of, colour or creed or whether they have oil that can be exploited for our gain.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by TheDave@20 December 2003 - 20:33
    woohoo. i got it

although i think popular oppinion is not that we dont like americans. we just dont like america and americanism, if you understand what i mean
    Yes, I understand that. Americas&#39; duplicity, in regard to domestic versus foreign policy is acknowledged by American people who don&#39;t have their heads firmly up their asses.

Individual people with individual thoughts and personalities.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hobbes
    "No you manifest prejudice, which is uniquely Scottish, so no worries there. At least you have enough insight into your cerebral incompetence to select an appropriate username."
    At least hobbes doesn&#39;t treat us Europeans like a uniform mass.

I hate when that happens

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by SnnY+20 December 2003 - 19:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 20 December 2003 - 19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    At least hobbes doesn&#39;t treat us Europeans like a uniform mass.

I hate when that happens [/b][/quote]
    Dont mention &#39;Mass&#39; Snny You were only two words away from being invaded.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 December 2003 - 20:28
    Touche noob. I think a certain Scottish mod secretly edited my post, this is how I actually typed it.

TheDave read it as intended, I wanted to turn the tables and see how Scottish people enjoyed being lumped into the "prejudice" category. Such an unfair and ignorant generalization, equal to that given by the original poster. TheDave didn&#39;t like it, as I intended.

It was meant to be ironic; however, the addition of a single letter by some higher power, slightly twisted the meaning.

I just wonder how "I don&#39;t like black people, I hope I&#39;m not acting like one." would have been received. I doubt it would have been greeted with a and then forgotten.
    Don&#39;t make me get out the irony gong here people. Most of you SHOULD know me well enough to "get" that there was more going on than the literal meaning.

I reposted the above because I edited it so many times (4), I think a lot of people were responding while I was editing.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast