Thread: Software Download Troubles

imported_cmoore
    Hello,

I'm new to Kazaa and wondered if some of the wiser souls here could help me out. It seems that whenever I download a software file and unzip it, I get a "bad CAB file" error message. I've assumed that the file I downloaded is corrupt, but how can I get around this without downloading large files all over again?? I'm interested in sharing some software, but I have yet to get anything to work that I've downloaded.

Thanks for your insights,

Seymour

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    hiya,

i dont think there is a way to get around this problem, it sounds like there is one corrupted file named in many different ways. The same problem exists all over the network with people not naming files correctly or keeping copies of corrupted files.. i tried to get james bond nightfire the other day, it turned out to be gta3 so i was annoyed at spending 2 hours downloading somethin i didnt want, so i PM'ed the guy i got it from and got a load of abuse back

so, to sum up, your file is corrupted, there is no way around it to my knowledge, try getting a verified file off one of the sites you see when you run kazaa lite...

WhiteDevil

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    AFAIK, the CAB file is where all your impt. files are so you have to re-DL. It happens to all of us.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    try to download the file all at once or at least make sure you pause it if you gotta turn it off. I think if you close kazaa without pausing downloads its more liely to get corrupt.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Also, try using Winrar to extract files instead of Winzip. It's just better. You can find it on Kazaa.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Winrar and Winzip also have repair functions. Give it a shot.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Supernatural Posted on 18 February 2003 - 14:53
    Winrar and Winzip also have repair functions. Give it a shot.
    They never work though unfortunately

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, I know. It's always worth a shot though.