Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here Is A Real Tweak To Speed Up Ie

imported_computerfreak76
    This actually fixes a BUG in MS Windows OSes that scan shared (remote) folders/files across the network for Scheduled Tasks, and can add a delay as long as 30 seconds (&#33, because it uses extra time to search the remote computer.

To do this, run Regedit and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace
    In the right hand pane highlight the {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} Value and delete it

I did this and now my IE simply flies. Give it a try and tell me if it works for you also.

RECOMMENDED: Export (BACKUP) this Registry key to a REG file FIRST, to be able to restore it (by running the REG file) if necessary. In Regedit: highlight the key name in the left hand pane -&rt; click "Registry" from the menu -&rt; select "Export Registry File..." -&rt; type a file name in the "File name" field -&rt; browse to the destination of your choice -&rt; push the Save button.

This Registry change takes effect immediately.
    Just start MS IE while connected to the network/internet to see the difference.

NOTE: Upgrading to a future MS Internet Explorer release or reinstalling it may add this value to your Registry again, therefore you may need to delete it again after (re)installing MS IE

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    imported_uncle_cracker
    ok ...
    so let's try

cu

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I don't have that key. I guess I'm set.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Read here http://is-it-true.org/nt/xp/atips/atips14.shtml

And read here for more about this http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBD/tip1600/rh1677.htm

By the way, I use jv16 Power Tools (http://www.jv16.org) to play tweak the registry.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Well, I deleted it.. I didn't notice any big change yet but no big errors either so I'm not complaining

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ok did it...ill see if it works

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    i did it and now my speed is lower judging by the speakeasy.net test results. i'm stuck at around 960 d/l instead of around 1MB.

i wasn't able to do the export thing, so is there any way to create a new reg or what?

i've got cable and XP

thxnadv

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I removed it but it didn't do anything for me.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ok, this really sucks. my connection is noticably slower now because of this modification. how can i get it back to default? i was unable to do the export thing so i deleted it, thinking it would not affect connection speed - but it did. plz help me get back to where i was.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    imported_computerfreak76
    icebound this tweak ONLY affects internet explorer it has nothing to do with your actual internet connection speed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast