Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I Devote My Website To Kazaa Lite?

I've loved KaZaA Lite K++ for all the time it ws out. and I think I want to devote my website to KL. I have a site at FreeWebs and 100 MBs of storage. I could use my storage to host some files as a mirror (although technically freewebs doesn't want you to). Also, my page could be completely about KL, with links to files I host. Am I getting in a little over my head here? I'm only 14, is there any chance I could get in legal trouble for this? Also, another problem, I'm not great at HTML or graphics design. So do any of you guys got some good pics (the awesome K-Lite logo) that I could use. Thanks, guys. any feedback will be appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm only 14, is there any chance I could get in legal trouble for this?
    I appreciate you for the ideea but yes, you can go in serious trouble.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    internet.news
    I sent you a PM. There is only possible for getting in trouble if you would host
    the installer for K++ - I do not think if you just host a site.

That is why - I suggest it - that if you want to host installers of K++, host them
    on russian sites where RIAA could not get them easily.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by DWells55@20 December 2003 - 15:20
    I've loved KaZaA Lite K++ for all the time it ws out. and I think I want to devote my website to KL. I have a site at FreeWebs and 100 MBs of storage. I could use my storage to host some files as a mirror (although technically freewebs doesn't want you to). Also, my page could be completely about KL, with links to files I host. Am I getting in a little over my head here? I'm only 14, is there any chance I could get in legal trouble for this? Also, another problem, I'm not great at HTML or graphics design. So do any of you guys got some good pics (the awesome K-Lite logo) that I could use. Thanks, guys. any feedback will be appreciated.
    If you want to make a website go ahead.

You shouldn't get in trouble for hosting a website dedicated to Kazaa Lite. However, you could if you hosted the installers on the same webspace as your website.

It don't matter what age you are. I'm currently 15 and look at my website. It has 6114 hits and it's only been online for about a month.

If your not good at HTML and graphic design, why not use the pre built templates FreeWebs provides? That would be a good way to start off. Or maybe Geocities. Their good for newbies.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    You're site is great! Very well designed.
    I got myself a nice template, now I need a logo. Anyone got that great KaZaA Lite K++ Logo? That cool silver and blue K! Preferably as a transparent .gif, so it blends in well. Thanks!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    You must be flexible, Dwells.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well, it's up. Not done, but up. freewebs: KLKpp

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by DWells55@20 December 2003 - 20:57
    Well, it's up. Not done, but up. freewebs: KLKpp
    It looks good.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    The site is cool, Im familiar with php, html, and all that... designer stuff and I love klite, so if you have any question or anything you want just let me know.

[email protected]

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by leito.gt@21 December 2003 - 04:45
    The site is cool, Im familiar with php, html, and all that... designer stuff and I love klite, so if you have any question or anything you want just let me know.

[email protected]
    Word of advice. Never put your email address out on a public forum. If you have to, PM each and every person to do this. Too many spammers and people who love sending viruses out there...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast