Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arg....choices Choices

okay after debating w/ myself for several hours, i have decided that i am not classified as a "hardcore gamer" so i cross the 9600xt off of my list for christmas. as of now, i have a PCI mx-440SE (remember 2 things, PCI and the SE part) 64mb ddr. and its playing halo quite well at 800x600....and this is in my emachine low spec system....im planning on getting an 8x agp card for my new system so i was wondering what the gfx should be....i was planning on getting the fx5200...but becuz of the mixed reviews, some say its very good for the price and others says they cant tell the difference betweent the 5200 and their mx420 . so should it be a jump in fps at all? or should i look into the 5600 or 9600....

P.S. its kinda funny how i help ppl about gfx card topic and here i find myslef asking the same question

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i personally wouldnt bother with the 5200...id go along the lines of a 9600pro if u dont want the xt

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    my personal favorite: Radeon 9600pro - nicely middle-ranged card, and since the 9600XT just came out, you should expect its price to drop
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@21 December 2003 - 00:22
    okay after debating w/ myself for several hours, i have decided that i am not classified as a "hardcore gamer" so i cross the 9600xt off of my list for christmas. as of now, i have a PCI mx-440SE (remember 2 things, PCI and the SE part) 64mb ddr. and its playing halo quite well at 800x600....and this is in my emachine low spec system....im planning on getting an 8x agp card for my new system so i was wondering what the gfx should be....i was planning on getting the fx5200...but becuz of the mixed reviews, some say its very good for the price and others says they cant tell the difference betweent the 5200 and their mx420 . so should it be a jump in fps at all? or should i look into the 5600 or 9600....

P.S. its kinda funny how i help ppl about gfx card topic and here i find myslef asking the same question
    im thinking about a new graphics card myself, and so far the fx5600 has won me over, the main reasons are 1: i dont want to pay more than £150 for one and I have found one on ebuyer made by msi for £111 which has 256mb ddr ram and 2: every ati I have had in the past (about 3) I have had problems with i.e. conflicts, blank screens, crashing.

if you want to view the card goto www.ebuyer.co.uk goto the uk side, and type in 54508 in the search

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    how bout one of these...much better card imo...id try and get a 5600 ultra 128mb rather than a 5600 256mb if u really want to go that way...ebuyer have them as well here

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by john_malkie2010@21 December 2003 - 00:57
    how bout one of these...much better card imo...id try and get a 5600 ultra 128mb rather than a 5600 256mb if u really want to go that way...ebuyer have them as well here
    omg how did i miss the ultra , just out of curiosity is it possible to upgrade the graphics card ram? sorry for the newbe question, ive just always wondered this

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    How about this card

If you got a grand or two to spend

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by john_malkie2010@21 December 2003 - 00:57
    yea...i live in the usa y is the ebuyer for the uk so much better then the one for the us? they have more selection....what is the currency for uk. hmmm wonder if the ebuyer in uk can ship over here. lol

but if i were to get a 9600pro, i might as well throw in another 20 and get a 9600xt....then if i were to get a 9600xt, i might as well try my luck w/ a 9800se and try to softmod it....see choices arent always a good thing

so is the 5200 really bad? might go w/ 5600 then

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i vote for my card! its good dispite all the bad review...of course, im sure it will lag on HL2 but im not into CS or HL

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@21 December 2003 - 01:42
    How about this card 

If you got a grand or two to spend 
    OMG my precious, I wants it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast