Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Msn Messenger

Poster
    so let me get this straight....can you send this to ANY ip? or just the ip's that are on your lan???

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    No Idea.. I wanted to test it but only one friend on ICQ and he's got his messenger disabled and too lazy to turn it on..

I dont know if straight writing "net send bla.bla.bla.bla" will do it, but there must be a way to do it as I was getting pop-ups before randomly every few hours

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    well i tested it on my girlfriend and it didnt work, i assume this was because she doesnt have xp/win2k tho , give me some time on this one, ill post back as soon as i get it working

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Get Msn Messenger Plus...search for it in google or in andr.net

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    I can't believe anyone wants it. I'm just two weeks into XP, and I'm still trying to figure out how to kill it. I've even gone into the Registry, but it just repairs whatever damage I do and pops back up. Who said something about "whack a mole?" Or is that just with Mexican food?

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    and I'm still trying to figure out how to kill it
    Do you mean MSN messenger or the messenger service, they are totally different things. If you mean MSN messenger go to start>run then type this RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

@chilly I dont like user friendly. The more user friendly an app is the less powerfull it is.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    He does not need to remove MSN Messenger there is nothing wrong. Like other people said he is having trouble with the net send command. This is how you deal with it the right way (other way someone posted here was totally wrong).

#1 Go into control panels and open the Administrative tools.

#2 Select services - that will open up.

#3 Go down to Messenger (this in not MSN messenger) - right click it and stop the service. It will say disabled. Close the control panel and the popups will stop.

Hope that helps.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    To stop MSN Messenger from popping up with Outlook (and other shit like hotmail.com) rename the executable to msmsgs.exe.bak (or anything but msmsgs.exe) or remove the whole program.

If it says it can't close because other services are running (Outlook, hotmail etc) you can still close the program by finding it's process in the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL), msmsgs.exe, and click End Process.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    Get Msn Messenger Plus...search for it in google or in andr.net
    actually ive had msg plus for awhile now, basically ever since the new version came out , check out mess.be for tons of addons/cracks and such for msn hehe c ya

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    I use messenger plus, the good thing is that it logs all you conversations. Which you may need to prove someone wrong about something they said.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast