Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Msn Messenger

Thanks, Sid. That one worked. None of the others do. This is a "fresh off the press" version of XP, with SP1, and it won't let one uninstall, rename, etc. Sure, you can Task Master it, but, if you have to reboot (something I'm doing a lot of, adding a new disk, new OS, etc.) then you will show on anybody's screen, who has you on their "buddy" list, as having just logged on - whether you want them to know it or not. Sid's idea killed it for good.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    just download xp antispy and it turns all the options off for you which you dont need
    msn messaging service, and also disables msn from outlook and autostart functions
    easy to use and you dont need to go searching all over windows to find these options
    xp antispy

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    My msn messenger keeps crashing to im using the newest version and i have Windows me?
    whats wrong with it?
    And does msn messenger keeps logs of what u have typed?
    If so where are they?
    and how do u delete them?

Thanks.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    MSN Messenger doesn't log anything. Use Trillian!

WinME sucks, that's your problem. Use win2k or winXP, or stick to win98 if you have a slow computer.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sir_Loki@19 February 2003 - 10:24
    MSN Messenger doesn't log anything. Use Trillian!

No it dosn't, but you can get an add-on called messenger plus which does. Great little feature.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Originally posted by Sid@17 February 2003 - 15:39
    MSN messenger sucks because it starts every time you open outlook, it doesnt come with an uninstall option, and when you try to shut it off it says other applications are using it and it wont close. Fuck MSN use Gaim or Trillian.
    you can stop msn from connecting when u open outlook goto the options and (if u have the sp1 update) un check the "automaticlly sign in to messenger" that will stop it from con. when u open outlook.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    If the problem is with messenger popups, there is a program free at download.com that will block any and all messenger popups.

And as for you screwballs that vouch for Trillian.............yeah, trillian is okay if you don't have over 200 previously blocked and deleted ppl on your IM plus the 120 you currently have, it's a royal pain in the arse to go thru EVERY SINGLE address and say yes or no to them being able to see you online. It doesn't even offer the screen name to help you out, just gives you their addy.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    I'm no screwball

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Originally posted by pw3n@17 February 2003 - 22:20
    start > run > "net send 127.0.0.1 hi"

If that works you have the messenger program installed

We used to use it to send messages at my college across the network using 'net send MAT001 hey stop looking at pr0n' and stuff.. I even wrote a program to spam people with messages for mischief purposes
    Net send only works in Win2000 or WinXP.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by pw3n@17 February 2003 - 21:31

In (Run > "msconfig")

Removing both did no harm to my system
    Dude what is loadqm.exe?? which program is it or whats is do..?

EDIT: nm i found it..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast