Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Msn Messenger

Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    I've being getting a lot of popup ads when I've being using MSN Messenger. Final sorted it out so if your having the same problem this is what you do, oh this is for XP by the way.

Right click on 'My Computer' icon on the desktop and select 'Manage'. In the 'Computer Management' window, click on the “+” sign to the left of 'Services And Applications'. In the tree that opens up, click on 'Services' scroll down the Services menu, locate 'Messenger', right click and select 'Properties'. In 'Startup Type', choose 'Disabled' in 'Service Status', click on 'Stop' Then click on 'Apply' then on 'OK' to close, then close the 'Computer Management' window.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    MSN Messenger sucks, just don't use it at all. Uninstall that shit.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Rocko's Avatar Poster
    @Leech_Killer
    That service isn't part of MSN Messenger is part of the OS. You have it installed even if you don't have MSN messenger (only on WinNT/2k/XP).

Rocko

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    TRshady
    Originally posted by Sir_Loki@17 February 2003 - 19:53
    MSN Messenger sucks, just don't use it at all. Uninstall that shit.
    I disagree, Ive used msn for years now and It keeps me & family & freinds in touch. I dont find anything wrong with it. Why do you think so anyway?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I believe that MSN Messenger is a lot better than AIM. AIM is more popular because so many people use it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I've been using messenger for the bast 2 years now and i've never had any problems with it. Never heard of aim though

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by TRshady+17 February 2003 - 19:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TRshady @ 17 February 2003 - 19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sir_Loki@17 February 2003 - 19:53
    MSN Messenger sucks, just don&#39;t use it at all. Uninstall that shit.
    I disagree, Ive used msn for years now and It keeps me & family & freinds in touch. I dont find anything wrong with it. Why do you think so anyway? [/b][/quote]
    I mean the program itself sucks, nothing wrong with the network. I use Trillian (http://www.trillian.cc) to connect to MSN (and keep in touch with family, friends etc.). Trillian can also connect to AIM (and ICQ, IRC and Yahoo).

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    The only problem with Messenger I found was that when downloading or uploading files on a 56k connection, you would keep getting disconnected. I had to keep stopping uploads or downloads everytime a mate came online. Now I use ICQ, no probs

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I disabled that &#39;windows messenger&#39; thing a while ago, im not sure if it has much to do with the actual MSN messanger..

It was making message box popups that instantly crashed some online game I was on, and the topic came up on the gaming forum and we all disabled it..

In (Run > "msconfig")

Edit: Unchecking this &#39;Messenger&#39; service doesnt have any impact on the &#39;MSN messenger&#39; program.. it simply stops the pop-ups

Tho there is one thing that comes with MSN Messenger you should certainly kill..

Read this: http://www.infopackets.com/freenewsarticle.../loadqm.exe.htm

In (Run > "msconfig")

Removing both did no harm to my system

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    I use MSN Messenger over 3 years now, and never ever had any problem with it. Your pop-ups have nothing to do with MSN Messenger.
    AIM is not much used overhere, and ICQ sucks big time.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast