Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Kill Myself?

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    i will be moving to a new location soon, which means a different computer, with a completely different netblock. which means i could, if i wanted to, create another account and kill this one. i have always been a "one account" type person, i never considered doing otherwise until now. however, there are two small reasons it might be appropriate to consider creating another username, and killing this one:

1.i'm sick of the name "mediaslayer" that is not my name on irc, soulseek, or anywhere else. when i first joined i had a problem with kazaa, so i just made up a dumb name in order to post. now i'm sick of it, i even loathe it.
    2.my personality on this board has changed alot, and i think it is possible a new identity would be in order.

in this thread, j'pol seems to be endorsing multiple accounts, and probably enjoying the confusion that it causes. but what do you think? furious four members, now is your chance to slam me, for considering doing that very thing that started that ruckus. so tell me, should i cave in to social pressure or not? is it wrong to be curious about such a dastardly thing?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    muchspl2

N/M didn't read the whole thing, just make a new name, if you don't like it switch back

3. Lounge   -   #3
    cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    Each to his own MS.....some people like just one account...some many...whatever floats your boat I reckon.

Knew someone who ran about 30 odd different nics on one forum, he had a ball......

4. Lounge   -   #4
    i forgot to add something important, i would probably tell everyone my new nick, after it got "settled in".

otherwise i would feel like a terrorists or something, sneaking around people who don't realize they know me.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    If you want to change your name all you have to do is ask a Mod to change it for you. There's no reason to create a new account, unless you're embarrassed by some of your previous posts. Personally I hate when people start over like that. It makes me feel like I can't trust them.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Why do you change your nick? After all that's your identity in this board and you could use your alias in other account. Why not the same, there's nothing wrong about it? Happy Holidays!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@21 December 2003 - 08:08
    If you want to change your name all you have to do is ask a Mod to change it for you. There's no reason to create a new account, unless you're embarrassed by some of your previous posts. Personally I hate when people start over like that. It makes me feel like I can't trust them.
    thank u for ur input

mediaslayer will stand

i will not change it

the end.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    muchspl2
    I wonder how many alias octpussy had, we could have a whole thread just on his aliases

9. Lounge   -   #9
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    MS dude, just ask an admin to change your name

It's a very simple thing to do for them and takes about 1 minute

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    actually name changes put a lot of strain on the server load so admin would prefer you start a new account
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast