Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whos Your Favourite Band/artist?

Poster
    Originally posted by Tormentor@22 December 2003 - 08:46
    Just one thing. Why the hell should I like Iron Maiden just because they inspired some of my fav bands??And I never said they were like metallica I just said they were crap like metallica.Also hahahahah "Roots of Metal" Who the fuck cares about the "Roots". Its about the music.
    You really are a twat arn't you kid? The reason you should care for them is because they inspired your faveourite bands. It is because they inspired them that these bands sound the way you like. Or a great deal. It is these bands who made them pick up guitars and strum away. that is why you should care, existence.

Who the f**k cares about roots? Another stupid comment. If it weren't for roots, a tree would die. If it weren't for family roots, you'd never exist. If it weren't for musical roots stretching from gospell to blues to rock then you'd never have your list of bands? roots, I think they are important than you seem to think.

It is all about the music, but you seem to not understand your closing line. If it were all about the music, why disgrace yourself by throwing childish slanders arround? These other bands have slaved over the pressure of companys and toured to death to entertain their fans. they have produced good records (even if recent ones have not been so good) but most importantly they got into the industry by tallent. being able to play and write songs, unlike the latest onslaught of pop-idols. it was the music which got them there, it was musics roots which inspired them to carry on what they loved.

Isn't it useful we don't have to re-invent the concept of the wheel from scratch, or more advance scientific research? Why? Because it's been passed on from generation to generation. this has caused advancement in technolagy, but if it werne't for scientific roots then we'd have squat, or to an extent. It is the same with music, be grateful that your faveourite band is arround because other bands made something to inspire them to take it a step further (in thier eyes).

2. Music   -   #22
    god-of-rock's Avatar God of Rock
    favorite all time band: KISS and
    Blofeld

3. Music   -   #23
    I have a few.....but mine all fall into the Pop-Punk/Rock/Punk area.

Mest
    Something Corporate

I also like Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan, Switchfoot, and.....basically ANYTHING

4. Music   -   #24
    Junior Jack
    Rasmus Faber
    Seb Fontaine
    Pete Tong
    Ronald Molendijk
    Michel de Heij
    Lemon 8

5. Music   -   #25
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    my favourite band has to be R.E.M i love the songs especially LOSIN MY RELIGION thats a great song.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

6. Music   -   #26
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    Faith No More

7. Music   -   #27
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by ezyryder+22 December 2003 - 03:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ezyryder &#064; 22 December 2003 - 03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tormentor@22 December 2003 - 08:46
    Just one thing. Why the hell should I like Iron Maiden just because they inspired some of my fav bands??And I never said they were like metallica I just said they were crap like metallica.Also hahahahah "Roots of Metal" Who the fuck cares about the "Roots". Its about the music.
    You really are a twat arn&#39;t you kid? The reason you should care for them is because they inspired your faveourite bands. It is because they inspired them that these bands sound the way you like. Or a great deal. It is these bands who made them pick up guitars and strum away. that is why you should care, existence.

Who the f**k cares about roots? Another stupid comment. If it weren&#39;t for roots, a tree would die. If it weren&#39;t for family roots, you&#39;d never exist. If it weren&#39;t for musical roots stretching from gospell to blues to rock then you&#39;d never have your list of bands? roots, I think they are important than you seem to think.

It is all about the music, but you seem to not understand your closing line. If it were all about the music, why disgrace yourself by throwing childish slanders arround? These other bands have slaved over the pressure of companys and toured to death to entertain their fans. they have produced good records (even if recent ones have not been so good) but most importantly they got into the industry by tallent. being able to play and write songs, unlike the latest onslaught of pop-idols. it was the music which got them there, it was musics roots which inspired them to carry on what they loved.

Isn&#39;t it useful we don&#39;t have to re-invent the concept of the wheel from scratch, or more advance scientific research? Why? Because it&#39;s been passed on from generation to generation. this has caused advancement in technolagy, but if it werne&#39;t for scientific roots then we&#39;d have squat, or to an extent. It is the same with music, be grateful that your faveourite band is arround because other bands made something to inspire them to take it a step further (in thier eyes). [/b][/quote]
    Hahaha I never thaught someone would go through all that trouble for nothing. I dont give a fuck about any of that shit. I dont care who inspired who or whatever. I couldnt care less about any of my fav bands I like. And slayer dosnt sound a thing like iron maiden. Iron maiden sounds like crap and slayer dosnt so how do they sound the same?And i dont understand shit about the last part you wrote.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

8. Music   -   #28
    Originally posted by scribblec@21 December 2003 - 18:55
    linkin park / eminem
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You shouldn&#39;t even be allowed to music.

9. Music   -   #29
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy+22 December 2003 - 23:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScotchGuy &#064; 22 December 2003 - 23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@21 December 2003 - 18:55
    linkin park / eminem
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You shouldn&#39;t even be allowed to music. [/b][/quote]

go fuck yourself my taste is my taste

do i say anything about your taste?

then DONT FUCKING COMMENT ON MINE SHIT FACE

and what the fuck does u shoudnt even be allowed to music mean?

go fucking learn to make more sense

10. Music   -   #30
    Coldplay

rules

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast