Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Im Getting This Today Or Tomm.

Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@22 December 2003 - 01:13
    Ok I will be ordering it tonight then I guess. Just waiting on my ram decision. The 3200 has much better timings and I really think I will go with that..

Can I take the 400Mhz ram and lower the speed to 333Mhz? Because on tomshardware.com I saw some test they ran and the 333Mhz ram whooped the 400Mhz ram and even 466Mhz ram in almost every benchmark with an athlon XP with 333Mhz FSB.
    I would advise you to continue at those threads for a little while to see what people are saying. So far is sounds like the 3200 would do you just fine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    120 bucks for KINGSTON? 512MB 3200 ram?

You can get Corsair for around that, and they are largely known for having about the best overclocking abilities on the market. You might only be able to get 220 tops for a FSB if your lucky going with that Ram, where as I know people that have gotten very close to 240 with Corsair.

Just go to memory, sort by customer reviews, and you will see the two Corsairs I am talking about.

BTW, did you pick out dual modules for the dual memory? Just wondering if you split up the 512MB for that reason.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    pc3700 is basically overclocked pc3200...ive read many excellent reviews of the kingston ram especially the current batches of it...it has been coming with what is known as BH-5 chips which oc extremely well...im sure i read as well that the pc3700 comes with CH-5 chips which are known not to be as good as the BH-5, correct me if im wrong there though...some pc3200 sets also come with CH-5 chips so watch out for them(they usally have an 'A' in the product code...e.g. 'K2A&#39

in you are still unsure of any incompatibily when u order give them a phone and ask if it will work

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    One other thing
    FANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My case has 2 80MM fans in front and 2 in back. I need 4 fans... Clocker wants me to make room for 120MM fans and put 1 in front and 1 in back..but I dont think im ready to do all that..I dont know how I would mount the fans really...Anyway is 2 80mm in front and 2 in back good enough?

What fans do I need? Im thinking about gettting these. Supposed to be there best seller.

I want a fan that can move good air and not be very loud...color is a good thing but NOT required..I can just buy cathodes
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Ok that kingston ram has great reviews and it looks fucking AWESOME. I heard kingston Hyper X was great ram and it is timed the same as the corsair. I dont think I can get my CPU up any higher then 200Mhz newayz..so I wont worry about that really. Would corsair be better?

And yes it is 2X256MB for the dual channel.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I have a blue/red version of those, there nice. 2700RPMs, cant really notice them, although its 2700, so there is some noise for me, just not enough to annoy me. You moreover here the air being pushed out than the fan itself.

Oh and btw, its a 2500+ BARTON. People have gotten their FSB's, even with the new locked ones, close to 250Mhz, on high end air/ mostly water cooling.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@21 December 2003 - 18:21
    Just go to memory, sort by customer reviews, and you will see the two Corsairs I am talking about.
    I dont see what your talking about

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@21 December 2003 - 18:26
    I have a blue/red version of those, there nice. 2700RPMs, cant really notice them, although its 2700, so there is some noise for me, just not enough to annoy me. You moreover here the air being pushed out than the fan itself.

Oh and btw, its a 2500+ BARTON. People have gotten their FSB's, even with the new locked ones, close to 250Mhz, on high end air/ mostly water cooling.
    Damn thats 2.75Ghz..niceee. Ok everyone is Kingston HyperX good or do I need to get the Corsair..i dont think i will see much diff and I plan on staying with stock cooling right now so around 2.2 will prob be my limit newayz. I dont want to push it a lot.

What are your CPU temps since we have the same CPU and I wish mine to be at ur speeds and the fans I have are the same as urs..so what are ur CPU temp with stock cooling?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    There are too high end 3200 512MB Corsair modules that alot of people use, more notablly the C2 version, and the other version, whose name aludes me, but seeing as how you want good OCing ram, 512MB, in two modules to do the dual channel, I think you made a fine choice.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    My temps right now, well usually. (I got a new motherboard coming from newegg by the 24th, because I erm, sold mine.)
    Were high 40's on idle, and low 50's on full load. It usually just stayed right at 50C, maybe 52C after playing Halo for awhile. And that was with the stock cooling, One 2700RPM out take, and a 2500RPM intake up front. Thats all at 2200Mhz

You should be able to get it to 2.2Ghz with similar temps on the stock cooling. I have a Thermaltake 11+ Xaser version (look on newegg for it) coming soon, and I will see what temps I get with that. It was only like 29, and I just didnt have the money to go up a bit for a SLK-900, and a 10 dollar fan.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast