Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Closing Threads

Poster
    I dont have preconceptions or prejudices, except when it comes to narrowmindedness and supposition.
    I seriously hope you meant that to be as funny as it is.

If you have no preconceptions and prejudices then you are a rare creature indeed and you are to be congratulated on it. However this must make life rather tricky.

Oh and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to censor my writing style. Cos' there's no intrinsic difference between what you said and telling people not to use certain other words.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by J'Pol@23 December 2003 - 02:03
    I seriously hope you meant that to be as funny as it is.

If you have no preconceptions and prejudices then you are a rare creature indeed and you are to be congratulated on it. However this must make life rather tricky.

Oh and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to censor my writing style. Cos' there's no intrinsic difference between what you said and telling people not to use certain other words.
    I'm glad you're easily humoured J'Pol.. does the heart good!..

As for being rare, you've got that very much right too. My vocation doesn't lend to preconception or prejudice in any form. I'm quite happy to base opinion on the premise that "actions speak much louder than words".

Censoring your writing style? I merely entertained the notion that you could perhaps take pity on a poor tired Aussie lass! Come now, where's your compassion? And you selectively chose to ignore that I said "can" not you "will" change your writing style.

A request dear man, not an order!

3. Lounge   -   #43
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    I do think that we should take a moment, and thank your religious idol that this board is not like zeropaid

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Poster
    I am perhaps easily amused, I am not easily humoured.

"Oh and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to censor my writing style" I believe I said, or did you selectively ignore that.

Obviously it was a request rather than an order, as you have no actual authority to give anyone orders here. However the concept remains the same. Attempt to change someone's words, in either meaning or manner of expression is an attempt at censorship.

The fact that you have no way of enforcing it is really of little import. You were attempting to modify my behaviour to suit you.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by kAb@22 December 2003 - 20:30
    I do think that we should take a moment, and thank your religious idol that this board is not like zeropaid
    Reality TV run mad.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@22 December 2003 - 18:09
    you said it yourself,
    and bitching and wining usually wont get it
    (fat bastard should know a little about that)
    but woudn't you agree, that rikk has toned down his act alot lately? and that group, has been more behaved than normal lately? yeah, i'll admit, at times he/they have been too rowdy, but they things are alot calmer now, i think, than they were like a month or two ago.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Originally posted by J'Pol@23 December 2003 - 02:33
    I am perhaps easily amused, I am not easily humoured.

"Oh and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to censor my writing style" I believe I said, or did you selectively ignore that.

Obviously it was a request rather than an order, as you have no actual authority to give anyone orders here. However the concept remains the same. Attempt to change someone's words, in either meaning or manner of expression is an attempt at censorship.

The fact that you have no way of enforcing it is really of little import. You were attempting to modify my behaviour to suit you.
    Mere wordplay on your part J'Pol, is attack really the best form of defence?

I accept the only authority I have is over myself, and yet somehow you seem threatened by the words of one?

Am I rocking the boat a little too much?

Did you think i would capitulate so easily?

Oh, and attempting to change somebody's mind is tantamount to theft. Silly use of words don't you think?

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@22 December 2003 - 20:43
    Mere wordplay on your part J'Pol, is attack really the best form of defence?

I accept the only authority I have is over myself, and yet somehow you seem threatened by the words of one?

Am I rocking the boat a little too much?

Did you think i would capitulate so easily?

Oh, and attempting to change somebody's mind is tantamount to theft. Silly use of words don't you think?

Who did I attack. I merely expressed my opinion, in a non combative way (I thought).

I can honestly say that I have never felt even remotely threatened by anything you have typed and posted on this forum. That is just preposterous.

I have seen keels which rock boats more than you do.

Capitulate to what.

I agree, what a silly use of words. If you feel it is analogous to my point then that goes way beyond silly and is formally introduced to the ludicrous.

I think your preconceptions and prejudices (which you don't have) may be showing. As I have said, many times. Our words are all there, people can read them and decide who did what. Form their own opinion as it were.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Originally posted by J'Pol@23 December 2003 - 02:51
    Who did I attack. I merely expressed my opinion, in a non combative way (I thought).

I can honestly say that I have never felt even remotely threatened by anything you have typed and posted on this forum. That is just preposterous.

I have seen keels which rock boats more than you do.

Capitulate to what.

I agree, what a silly use of words. If you feel it is analogous to my point then that goes way beyond silly and is formally introduced to the ludicrous.

I think your preconceptions and prejudices (which you don't have) may be showing. As I have said, many times. Our words are all there, people can read them and decide who did what. Form their own opinion as it were.
    Not on the attack J'Pol?... when you begin to personalize things, that's attacking!

Stick to the facts and lets not waste time with individual personalities, otherwise it looks like degenerating into nothing more than tit-for-tat.

I dont have preconceptions, but Im good at making my mind up fairly quickly about people and issues.

Debate is healthy, differing ideals are interesting.

Of course you've been around a lot longer than I have, and no doubt you will be around long after Ive gone, but I don't feel the need to have anyone come to bat for me, I can think for myself.

Others opinions are that... their opinions. I have mine, you have yours. They won't be the same with this particular debate, but who know's we may be sitting on the same side of the fence one day? Wouldn't that be interesting?

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Ex-member
    Argh... the third-person conjugations of verbs don't get apostrophes! *

Sorry, I have to let that off my chest every once in a while. Don't mind me.

*Unless it is a shortened form, in which case an apostrophe's required.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast