Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cd-rw Problem

ok i bought a combo drive and i have another burner so the new is like slave drive. all the ide cables are connected the power cables are connected but the audio cable is the problem. u see the excisiting audio port on the mobo is already taken by the excisiting drive so i dont know wat to do with the second drives audio cable. somebody plz help i dont know wat to do. i cant even turn my comp and im posting this message from my friends house. my question is where do u connect the audio cable thats coming from the second cd drive to the motherboard because the excisintng drive already taken the one in the mobo.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    If there's another (identical) connection on the mobo next to the existing audio you can plug into that,but you'll usually find you can only listen to audio on the first one.This'll just enable you to copy audio from one to the other if I remember correctly.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    If you cannot locate additional section to plug on board, then you only have one connection for it. If you have a sound card installed you should be able to connect to that enabling both drives to use sound. If not just connect the primary cd drive you will be using most to hear sound. It is not necessary to have both hooked up for sound, me I would connect the new combo drive for sound, leave the already installed cd-r drive with none.

Switch newer drive to master, put existing drive to slave.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I also have just one connection so I didnt connect my cdrw drive and everything works fine for me.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    is it ok if i connect the second drives audio cable to the aux in(auxilliary in)?

WHY ISNT ANYONE ANSWERING MY QUESTION!!!!
    I NEED HELP I NEED MY COMPUTER TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(im serious, its like a mental problem, by the way im not handicap) COME ON I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    WHY ISNT ANYONE REPLYING!!!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    If you are using Windows XP you don't even need any of those audio cables. I know you all are going to say that the audio channels go to the sound card that way but try it. You will see that you don't need them.

As for the above question just connect one drives audio and forget the other one. Unless you intend to listen to 2 CDs at the same time?????

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by johnnytightlips2@16 February 2003 - 18:48
    WHY ISNT ANYONE REPLYING!!!!!
    I don't know why but don't be so impatient. You have already had some help. What's the big rush???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    man im going crazy im the kind of person that plannes everything out. i planned this for 1 month i know its crazy to plan installing a CD-RW drive is crazy but u plan so much times then some stupid problem like the audio cable come up i go crazy. so guys are sure that i dont need to install the audio cable for the second drive?

by the way i didnt knw u were canadian! where u from?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Province of Quebec. You?

And yes I am sure you can leave it disconnected.

Edit: To remove signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast