Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Just Got Me An Xbox

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I just bought an Xbox, great system. I heard from a friend that it's bad to leave your Xbox (or any other console) on carpet. Anyone know if this is true?

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    I have had mine on carpet for a while it is still on carpet now, yeh no problem just cover it with a towel to keep from dust getin it, the fan is not on the bottom of the xbox but on the side of the back, so its ok.

3. Games   -   #3
    i would guess so, unless you're worried about static...but if thats a prob, it should say something about that in the manuel

4. Games   -   #4
    i got my xbox when it first came out and its been on the rug all that time and its fine. just dont let it dust up.

ps salim

SHENMUE SERIOUS RULES! I LOVE THAT PIC U HAVE OF SHENMUE
    I CANT WAIT TIL PART 3

5. Games   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    That's a good question. I remember reading that it was bad to leave your PS1 on a carpet. I was so worried about it I cut a piece of paneling just big enough to set mine on whenever I pulled it out from under the TV to play. I've never heard that about the Xbox though, but I think it has better ventilation so it might not be a problem.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    There is probably no problem with leaving your XBOX on the carpet.

When I take my Cube downstairs, I put it on the carpet (which is very thick).

I have never had any problem with it.

So you shouldn't too.

Anyway, your XBOX will be as snug as a bug in a rug on your carpet.

It's all about making your console comfortable.

Mon GameCube est tres tres confortable dans le salon.

7. Games   -   #7
    TRshady
    Well, I just got an x-box too!
    Aint no way im leaivng it on the carpet though, placed moine over my video on the tv stand. You should always place your xbox on a flat surface which is how it should be and definetly not on a rug, all kinda dust gets in easier and it does block ventilation

8. Games   -   #8
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    it should be OK on the FLOOR but you should put something under it to protect it from static i remember with my PS2 it nearly broke from all of the dust particles but it was on the floor for a year!
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@22 December 2003 - 11:55
    Well, I just got an x-box too!
    Aint no way im leaivng it on the carpet though, placed moine over my video on the tv stand. You should always place your xbox on a flat surface which is how it should be and definetly not on a rug, all kinda dust gets in easier and it does block ventilation
    me neither i wouldnt put it on the floor i keep mine on the table

10. Games   -   #10
    if u read the manual that came with the XBOX (i'm ashamed to say it - but yes i skimmed thru it) it specifically says NOT to place it on a rug and on a hard surface to maintain its lifespan - not like i actually listen but thats what it says.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast