Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Can I Stop This?

Everytime I start up my PC, a whole bunch of junk opens up also. Not just programs, but like notepads and shared folder and a couple outside error pop-ups?

where on my pc can i go to regulate what i want to run while windows loads up?

thank you

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    for the programs, u usually have the option to turn it to dont start up as window start....but i have no clue y notepad and folders would open when window start? maybe there is spyware, but i dont think thats the prob.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    If there is spyware, how can i get rid of it?

or find out where and what it is ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    you can search on google for some spyware destroyer....or go to the software section of the forum....and search spyware and im pretty sure ull see a lot of programs to destroy spyware

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks ill look for some.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You can check about the applications by going Start > Run > msconfig

and under Startup you can choose what you want.

Everything should be under this. You can see some user made things in by browsing under
    C:&#092;documents and settings&#092; <your user name> Start menu &#092; Programs&#092; Startup

If you think its a spyware you can get this and scan your system.

First check the two things i said above.

ps: how is this related to hardware world It belongs in software world.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7

Reminds me of this prank i did on the school PC&#39;s

I made a bat file and pasted c:&#092;windows&#092;notepad.exe like over 100 times and made a shortcut to it and when someone ran it, notepad will flood the screen

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@22 December 2003 - 01:13

Reminds me of this prank i did on the school PC&#39;s

I made a bat file and pasted c:&#092;windows&#092;notepad.exe like over 100 times and made a shortcut to it and when someone ran it, notepad will flood the screen&nbsp;
    That isn&#39;t funny. You are one of the people who spoil the names of "hackers" by being a lamer/cracker/kid.

How would you feel if someone did that on your computer? Get a life & grow up&#33;

Edit: The work of all these sites that create scripts on your computer without your permission knowledge is so disgusting. I see that guy I would probably kill him but i have bot roaming around that counter acts them. thats the least one can do.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by I.am@22 December 2003 - 02:00

That isn&#39;t funny. You are one of the people who spoil the names of "hackers" by being a lamer/cracker/kid.

How would you feel if someone did that on your computer? Get a life & grow up&#33;
    Now normally I would agree with you I.am, but in this case I can not.

I mean a school&#39;s pc isn&#39;t like a person&#39;s home pc, and when different people pull pranks on school pc&#39;s, especially teacher&#39;s PC&#39;s, I always found it funny, when I was high school.

And I know everyone always has to quote the fact that doing things like that, just costs the tax payers more money, but yeah right, the government is going to take that money anyway, whether they need it or not, so big deal if they have to spend it on a school.
    What costs money really is when representatives and senators decide to give themselves a few hundred thousand dollars a year raise, oh but that’s just cost of living expensive. So their also going to need money to go all around the world on and whatever else they can come up with.

Anyway though, getting back on subject and away from politics, I do not find this funny to do to a single person’s machine, but on a school or work pc, I think it’s freakin’ hilarious.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    bob_the_alien, maybe i got serious on this one.
    But sometimes things like this provoke those freshman kids just to show off. Changing a screensaver, wallpaper etc. is hilarious. Even a tweak here and there could be interesting but loading the memory with the same copy of a program would increase the memory usage on your computer for that it in severe cases could even crash your pc(not through notepad though lol). Unfortunately, these people for the kick of it turn into the one&#39;s who make spywares and adware.

You reach college, just because of the same reason, right click is disabled, run command is disabled. All the logs are kept strictly for every action. And then we complain for the lack of things we can do there.

Even if the pc&#39;s crash in college, government isnt gonna pay for that. Education funds are already allocated and unfortunately are hardly ever increased unless that university is doing some research for some defense program. The people who actually pay turn out to be the students themselves for these things. And more security follows.

Now Evil gemini, I am not saying you do, just talking in general. You are quite far from there and I hope you always do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast