Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Protection On Music?

  1. #1
    ronniT
    Guest
    Hi all..sorry if i am sounding like a dumbarse but this is the first time i have posted here. i have not downloaded for a few weeks from here and now find that most songs have static in them..obviously some sort of protection. is this gonna be the standard thing to expect from now on..bit of a bummer...please let me know if this is a common problem or if i have just picked the wrong songs to download..thanks

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    594
    They are currupted files from the RIAA.

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,012
    Most probably

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have found several hundred corrupted files while compiling several albums for my friend. It would seem that the RIAA is either inserting or blocking out parts of some tracks with high-pitched tones, sounds, Etc.

    Luckily, none of MY artists have been affected yet. LOL.

    I have found a remedy and it works 80% of the time. You can use "Roxio's Sound Editor" (virgin 6.0 - 6.2) to remove the unwanted sounds pretty easily, even if they are in the middle of the track. Then save your new edited virgin. In most cases, you can't even tell that the song has been edited!!!!!!!!!!! (Especially when doing DMX, Ludacris and the like - LOL! The gift CD's for my friend). You onlu loose a few seconds most of the time.

    I learned to do it in 30 minutes without reading the manual. What's a manual?

    I find it rather bizarre that "the mainstream artists" who I listen to have not had the RIAA do this yet on Kazaa, yet the RIAA has apparently taken this action on behalf of the "anti-establishment artists" who encourage such behavior and worse in their songs.

    How positively ironic!!!!!

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    Originally posted by model-behavior@22 December 2003 - 15:09
    I have found several hundred corrupted files while compiling several albums for my friend. It would seem that the RIAA is either inserting or blocking out parts of some tracks with high-pitched tones, sounds, Etc.

    Luckily, none of MY artists have been affected yet. LOL.

    I have found a remedy and it works 80% of the time. You can use "Roxio's Sound Editor" (virgin 6.0 - 6.2) to remove the unwanted sounds pretty easily, even if they are in the middle of the track. Then save your new edited virgin. In most cases, you can't even tell that the song has been edited!!!!!!!!!!! (Especially when doing DMX, Ludacris and the like - LOL! The gift CD's for my friend). You onlu loose a few seconds most of the time.

    I learned to do it in 30 minutes without reading the manual. What's a manual?

    I find it rather bizarre that "the mainstream artists" who I listen to have not had the RIAA do this yet on Kazaa, yet the RIAA has apparently taken this action on behalf of the "anti-establishment artists" who encourage such behavior and worse in their songs.

    How positively ironic!!!!!
    I know it may seem that we're only downloading mp3's but I do not want to download tracks that have been altered this way. There is no need to use this software. Why don't you just download from the most amount of users. I want my tracks to be perfect, not cut and split and altered by Roxio's Sound Editor's amazing features. This really bugs me. Until such time where we can only download tracks which are all affected by static, leave it well alone.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    At first I tried that Samurai, but I found that almost everyone offering the files that I wanted were also sharing corrupted (protected) copies. There is no way to tell a corrupted copy from a good one until you play them back.

    I can understand why this method can't be used for other files though.

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    814
    Originally posted by Samurai@22 December 2003 - 16:14



    I want my tracks to be perfect, not cut and split and altered by Roxio's Sound Editor's amazing features. This really bugs me. Until such time where we can only download tracks which are all affected by static, leave it well alone.
    use soulseek
    Open your mind

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    Originally posted by model-behavior@22 December 2003 - 15:21
    At first I tried that Samurai, but I found that almost everyone offering the files that I wanted were also sharing corrupted (protected) copies. There is no way to tell a corrupted copy from a good one until you play them back.

    I can understand why this method can't be used for other files though.
    ok well i'm suggesting you to download winmx. i've been using this since napster's demise and i've had one, yes one track that had static in it. i own 1400 mp3's at present.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hi all.First time posting here.I find that songs that are "corrupted" are usually in small caps, have unusually fast d/l times(usually 5-15 seconds) and most of the users have numbers in their names.Hope this helps.

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    That's a bit of a generalisation. I have numbers in my name. Does that mean I have dodgy files? Just download WinMX and let the good times roll...


    ... yeah!


    good times...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •