Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protection On Music?

WinMX and SoulSeek are spy/ad ware free, right?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by model-behavior@22 December 2003 - 11:09
    I have found several hundred corrupted files while compiling several albums for my friend.  It would seem that the RIAA is either inserting or blocking out parts of some tracks with high-pitched tones, sounds, Etc.
    It's not just the RIAA. There r too many inexperienced rippers adding poor quality files to FT. Not to be critical (ur fix is well intentioned) but ur solution only illustrates how easily corrupted files make it onto the network.

If u want quality try SoulSeek or eMule. If u want quantity, stick with Kazaa.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    The best way to filter out bad files is to look at their quality.

It you cannot divide the quality of a file by 16 (112 128 160 192 etc) then 9 times out of 10 it's no good. If a file does not have a quality at all, then it's fake.

Please note that this is not the case with variable bit rate files (there are not a lot of them out there anyways)

Also, if you see files (with the exact same name) with different qualities but the same filesize, then they are probably both fake.

Whatever files you have left after going through the above steps (usually one or two with new songs) should be the real deal.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Just use more search options ang get songs that are at least 192kb/s.Most of the time they are not fakes.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Hmmm.....not an absolute rule. I always sort my searches by quality with 160 as a mimimum. This gives my fewer hits, but it makes it easier to sort through since the lost ones are so low as to be worthless. Face it, 128 is bare minimum....but I digress.....I just downloaded 'Shake ya tailfeather'. Thats Nelly, P. Diddy, and Murphy Lee from the Bad Boys 2 soundtrack (Awsome freaking movie!&#33 and it was bogus though the quality was 320 and there were in excess of 20 peeps sharing this file. I've had the same prob with a song from Jewel and 1 Creed.

I sit back to demo, cranked up the Klips well past 'anoy the hell out of the neighbors' level and start to jam. About 45 secs into the song, this god awful screeching comes out. I freak, think my Audigy Gamer just fried (it was only a couple days old&#33 then stops . It did it 3 freaking times!!!! Sounds like a demon dunked in Holy Water! I finally got a good copy, but it took 4 or 5 tries. The vid was a snap, the song was a M@#&$#F#@$&!

The moral? There is no real way to tell till you listen....and don't crank it till yer sure! Damn, that shit hurt!!

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12