Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord Of The Rings

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I am considering getting dvd rips of the 3 movies and making them all one movie, but editing it down so that it is only 5 or 6 hours. I know there are fans who have to have the extended versions, but I think a condensed versions would be really useful for people who don't have enough time to watch all 10 hours of the movies, or parties and such. Would it be worth my time? Do you think fans would get angry?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    DIE-HARD fans would like the extended vers...but break it down into 1hr parts and put like 10-15 intermissions...

btw, the LOTR-ROTK just came out, so the dvd rip wont be out for prolly another few months

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@22 December 2003 - 09:51
    DIE-HARD fans would like the extended vers...but break it down into 1hr parts and put like 10-15 intermissions...

btw, the LOTR-ROTK just came out, so the dvd rip wont be out for prolly another few months
    Yeah, I was going to start the first 2 soon. I figuared by the time I got done with those, a good copy of ROTK should be out.

I'm just worried that fans would think that I'm 'destroying art' or something like that....which I would understand.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Dont Destroy the ART nooooooooooooooo!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    do it! but make it only like 3 hours... i cant even stand watching one of them in one sitting its just horrid anyway i might help you with it because i can see my self getting into something like that because i know a shitload of people who dont like watching the movies in one sitting

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I like FilePirater's idea, making them into 1/2 our or 1 hour episodes. There is way too much cool stuff in the LOTR movies, and if you cut out the boring bits the balance of the story would be thrown off and you'd end up with 2 hours of continuous fight and battle scenes.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by Alex H@23 December 2003 - 03:16
    I like FilePirater's idea, making them into 1/2 our or 1 hour episodes. There is way too much cool stuff in the LOTR movies, and if you cut out the boring bits the balance of the story would be thrown off and you'd end up with 2 hours of continuous fight and battle scenes.
    i slept thru half of the movies and still understood it

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    no i couldn't watch a movie edited

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Proffesional Dumbass
    no i couldn't watch a movie edited
    Im a bit the same but lodr is hell long and if its edited well i wouldnt mind watching the shortened versions.

So go for it dwightfry i cant wait.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Retired
    making a 'smaller'' version would take even longer then watching all the 3 movies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast