Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Posts

Did anyone find what's the problem? I seen 4 or 5 posts of the same stuff all around the forum.
    There is also people who post and don't get an error and press the button only once, but still a double post occurs. Anyone figure out how to avoid that?
    I revised the tip thing from before, it looked confusing.

Tip for avoiding Multiple Posts and yelled at :

1. When you post and find something like "page not found" or "cannot find", don't refresh or press the back button and repost just yet.
    2. Go back to the area you are about to post, now check to see if your topic or reply is already there. If it is there, then you don't have to do anything.
    3. If your topic or reply is not there, and you typed something really long, you could press back to the posting page with what you were about post. Copy that and paste it next time you post your topic or reply.

I saw something like "cannot find page" when I posted this, but I knew it was already posted so I went back to the forum.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    It's most likely people hitting refresh or clicking back and then trying to repost their topic/post. What they should do is if they get that error page, then click back and then check to see if their post went through by checking the thread or previewing their post and then scrolling down a bit to see if their post is there. I've had NO problems by doing what I do.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Somebody said it has to do with the Matrix.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@17 February 2003 - 18:16
    Did anyone find what's the problem? I seen 4 or 5 posts of the same stuff all around the forum.

Edit: I saw Cannot find page thing when I posted this, but I knew it was already posted so I went back to the forum. 
    yea, my advice, just go back and check

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Its to do with the server, well thats what i was told apparently.

Its so annoying and is really starting to p/$$ me off, everytime you post a reply it just comes up page not

found.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    heh, i've had no problems today at all... I feel so happy now... Sorry to the peeps who had to endure this all day long

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    This is the first time I ever saw page not found. Maybe the mods should pin something about this, and say to check if you posted instead of refreshing or reposting.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    yea, they should, it could help the members and the MODs themselves

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    So why is it fine on some browser's and not on others?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Is it fine on some browsers? I had problems a for the last couple weeks but its been a perfect day today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast