Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Festive Season

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    ive noticed this year, that now i can afford to buy me stuff that christmas is unexciting because i dont get a big present this year. that wasnt meant to sound selfish but it kinda takes the excitement out of christmas

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I like the holidays because its a chance to see the whole family in one place. Its also a great time of year for catching up with old friends.

When I was in my teens and early 20's, I didn't really care for the holidays. I would much rather have been off doing my own thing. Thats been the biggest change for me, as I have grown a little bit older.

That being said, here in the States there are still a lot of reasons to dislike the holiday season. Anyone who has had the misfortune of going anywhere near a mall in the last week or so can attest to that fact.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It's for the kids.
    Other than that I have a habit of looking beneath the surface.
    In the US, Christmas is a huge commercial day.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Busyman@22 December 2003 - 23:46
    It's for the kids.
    Other than that I have a habit of looking beneath the surface.
    In the US, Christmas is a huge commercial day.
    Don't look too deeply do you?
    You think Americans sit around on Christmas day and count money?
    Being trite doesn't qualify as "looking beneath the surface".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by the_faceman@22 December 2003 - 17:48
    I am the ripe old age of 21.

I have noticed that since I was about 13 or 14, this period of the year doesn't hold the same appeal as it once did.
    Of course it doesn't.
    Fortunately, as you grow even older, the meaning and the method of enjoying this time of year will change and you'll find that you can enjoy it again.
    JPaul hit it on the head with his post.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I'm 19, and like it just as much as I did when I was 5 years old !! I'll never grow out of it!!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    ugh...I don't mind it, but I'm not actually celebrating it. My mum and my sis are going to my brother (who has 6 kids) and I really don't feel like going there, so I'll just enjoy myself. I just saw Papillon is on tomorrow night, good excuse to finally see that film!

I hope everyone will enjoy their evening, one way or another

Peace

8. Lounge   -   #18
    TRshady
    Children nowadays don't care at all what Christmas is about. all they know is that it involves lots of sweets and presents. I certainly don't see it as special as I use to, then again .. who does? Its a depressing time for most people which I've come to notice. People like my dad who I know doesn't enjoy it as it's stressful because everyone expects presents and my having to spend so much and have so much stress, Christmas loses a lot ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12