Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copyright

L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by timanfiya@23 December 2003 - 06:27
    Thanks for all the advice.

I still think I need to get sort of professional fire wall up before I do anything - I've been looking at either upgrading to Zone alarm Pro or Norton Internet Security Pro 2004.

Will either of these be any good? Or both -if they would both work at the same time properly???

Would peerguardian work with these - or do I need to bother with this if I have them?
    I wouldn't go with NIS Pro 2004. Norton is good at antivirus but their firewall sux. Stick with ZA Pro or go with Sygate or mcafee who has a great firewall IMO. Also run peerguardian along with your firewall and most importantly whichever you use, update often!

Also I am sure you CAN run multiple firewalls at once but I don't believe it is really neccassary. I dunno I've never done it before but from what others have told me it is just a waste of resources to run multiple firewalls.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    u say u were useing bt? im sure i read on the bt forum that other people can not see wot u are dl coz its just a hash, not even the mods can see wot its, only u can this all they can see

[COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by timanfiya@23 December 2003 - 06:27

I still think I need to get sort of professional fire wall up before I do anything - I've been looking at either upgrading to Zone alarm Pro or Norton Internet Security Pro 2004.

Will either of these be any good? Or both -if they would both work at the same time properly???

Would peerguardian work with these - or do I need to bother with this if I have them?
    yeah i have had norton upuntill a week ago and then it crashed adn norton cannot be reinstalled for some reason. So i switched to zone alarm pro i will pm you a serial 3 if you want one. All you need is the serial number and you can download it directly from zonealarms website. Also there are progras that allow you to plug all of the ip addresses from peerguardian while with norton you have to plug them all in by hand.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by timanfiya@23 December 2003 - 06:17
    My ISP is Plus net - they just seemed to be informing me of the letter and breifly highlighted that I was in breech of my contract and asked me to disallow sharing.

I suppose I was more bothered about what universal could do, but if Plus net cannot give them my details what can they do!!??

I was using Zone Alarm - but just the free version , not pro.

The movie was intolerable cruelty

And can you believe it , this was (I think) the very first time I used Bittorrent,
    my advice. call isp. tell them ur comp had a virus. just like someone up there said. then tell them that ur cancelling ur service.
    in the meantime, buy urself a good router, like a linksys, us robotics, or dlink. and configure it to allow bt ports. then get ursef a good firewall. like zonealarm pro or sygate. import all the ips of the shitheads that will sue u, and sit back and dl as much as u want. but what i would do is cancel ur current internet service, and start a new one under a different name. that process changes ur ip add, so those companies can't trace u any more. that always works

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by neevakee+23 December 2003 - 16:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neevakee @ 23 December 2003 - 16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-timanfiya@23 December 2003 - 06:27

I still think I need to get sort of professional fire wall up before I do anything - I&#39;ve been looking at either upgrading to Zone alarm Pro or Norton Internet Security Pro 2004.

yeah i have had norton upuntill a week ago and then it crashed adn norton cannot be reinstalled for some reason. So i switched to zone alarm pro i will pm you a serial 3 if you want one. All you need is the serial number and you can download it directly from zonealarms website. Also there are progras that allow you to plug all of the ip addresses from peerguardian while with norton you have to plug them all in by hand. [/b][/quote]
    I think I might give Zone Alarm pro a go as I already have the free version.

Thanks Neevakee, would be great if you could PM that serial, cheers&#33;&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+23 December 2003 - 17:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 23 December 2003 - 17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-timanfiya@23 December 2003 - 06:17
    My ISP is Plus net - they just seemed to be informing me of the letter and breifly highlighted that I was in breech of my contract and asked me to disallow sharing.

I suppose I was more bothered about what universal could do, but if Plus net cannot give them my details what can they do&#33;&#33;??

I was using Zone Alarm - but just the free version , not pro.

The movie was intolerable cruelty

And can you believe it , this was (I think) the very first time I used Bittorrent,
    my advice. call isp. tell them ur comp had a virus. just like someone up there said. then tell them that ur cancelling ur service.
    in the meantime, buy urself a good router, like a linksys, us robotics, or dlink. and configure it to allow bt ports. then get ursef a good firewall. like zonealarm pro or sygate. import all the ips of the shitheads that will sue u, and sit back and dl as much as u want. but what i would do is cancel ur current internet service, and start a new one under a different name. that process changes ur ip add, so those companies can&#39;t trace u any more. that always works [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for advice, but I&#39;m a bit unsure about blocking / importing the ips of those "shitheads who will sue" me?????

How do I know what those ips are , how do I find them??

Do I just configure zone alarm pro to block them??

Sorry but I really know jack shit about firewalls and ips etc.. which is probably why I got caught out in the first place&#33;&#33;&#33;

Anyone plz help???&#33;&#33;"&#33;&#33;&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    just get SBC YAHOO DSL they dont care shit if you download movies....

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by timanfiya@23 December 2003 - 11:57

Thanks for advice, but I&#39;m a bit unsure about blocking / importing the ips of those "shitheads who will sue" me?????

How do I know what those ips are , how do I find them??

Do I just configure zone alarm pro to block them??

Sorry but I really know jack shit about firewalls and ips etc.. which is probably why I got caught out in the first place&#33;&#33;&#33;

Anyone plz help???&#33;&#33;"&#33;&#33;&#33;
    All right here is what you can do download the program from the following site and enjoy. Make sure you read the instructions or you will get very confused. http://home.comcast.net/~zaupdate/ credi is given to james_bond_rulez for this link

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Cheers Navakee, I&#39;m going to read and install it now.

From what I gather so far, it updates and installs all bad ips, and this includes people like universal?

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by neevakee@24 December 2003 - 04:21
    All right here is what you can do download the program from the following site and enjoy.&nbsp; Make sure you read the instructions or you will get very confused.&nbsp; http://home.comcast.net/~zaupdate/ credi is given to james_bond_rulez for this link
    Is there anything similar to this I can install for Sygate?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast