Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Ripper?

Just wondering what you guys and gals use to rip audio cd's...... Currently I only rip at a blazin 6-8x ....is this normal? oh, by the way, I use Easy CDDA extractor. I'm extracting and converting to MP3 at the same time as well. I guess you guys can tell this is pretty new to me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Hi,

i use AudioCatalyst from Xing! Rips fast if your cdrom can handle it! (Superspeed)
    But i think that slower is better!

AudioCatalyst rips the songs in Joint Stereo! 3 channel stereo! Sounds amazing!
    If you're gonna use Audiocatalyst go to settings/general and sellect the ASPI Tab for speed settings.
    I select the MSCDEX Tab and don't change a thing!

Good Luck!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    I use Exact Audio Copy (ripper) and LAME (encoding)
    -------> How To
    I dont know if its fast (have nothing to compare) but its good quality.
    It uses VBR (Variable Bitrate) in which the sound is encoded with a non-constant bitrate. This VBR provides higher quality of the same file size. Wich means the bitrate fluctuates throughout the song during complex parts of the song it rises up to 320kb/s, And then during 'simple' parts it goes down to 60kb/s, so you save diskspace.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by nectros@17 February 2003 - 22:20
    Just wondering what you guys and gals use to rip audio cd's...... Currently I only rip at a blazin 6-8x ....is this normal? oh, by the way, I use Easy CDDA extractor. I'm extracting and converting to MP3 at the same time as well. I guess you guys can tell this is pretty new to me.
    Increasing burning speed is based on your cdr drive, whatever the max is determines the max speed...4x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 24x, 32x, 40x, 48x, etc..........and the bank cd-r max speed as well. If you have a burner that can burn at max 24x but the cd-r only has a max of 12x, then 12x is the max.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    imported_computerfreak76
    hey corner he is talking about ripping speed not burning speed.

nectros the best ripper ive used is musicmatch jukeboxs built in ripper it rips cds for me up to 26x easy cdda didnt do it that fast.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I personally use Musicmatch Jukebox for ripping or basic converting of files. I have had vary speeds ripping, sometimes its high, sometimes its low, i think it depends on the cd you're ripping too.

BK

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Remember that fast is not equal to good quality, if you want the best quality you should not use MusicMatch.
    (imho)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by computerfreak76@18 February 2003 - 07:40
    hey corner he is talking about ripping speed not burning speed.

nectros the best ripper ive used is musicmatch jukeboxs built in ripper it rips cds for me up to 26x easy cdda didnt do it that fast.

Like I said, besides all things play a part in the end....................

i think it depends on the cd you're ripping too.

Rips fast if your cdrom can handle it
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    imported_computerfreak76
    why not?
    ive used musicmatch for over 2 years and ive been selling custom cds for over 2 years and i havent had 1 complaint yet as far as sound quality goes.

the biggest thing when it comes to ripping is the quality of the cd itself if the condition of the cd is almost perfect then you will get almost perfect mp3s or whatever.

my personal advice is IF you are going to buy cds in the store take them home rip them and put the originals away.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    I currently use Easy CDDA extractor 4.7.1 (much better than 5 imo), and average at 15x, the speed you do the rip & compress at all depends on the drive & CPU respectively, i personly rip to 192VBR mp3's using the lame encoder (gotta be the best), hooked upto £000's worth of HI-FI - while doesn't sound as good as the CD it's still good (any one had a chance to sample DVD-A yet??)

As for those ppl using music match, play the MP3's through a decent seperates Hi-Fi and it sounds awful....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast