Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet Browser

Slimbrowser....

stick with IE though... its the best

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    delete
    Last edited by jrzofclay; 09-11-2014 at 06:52 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ck-uk@23 December 2003 - 11:18
    Mate the whole internets full of holes so why worry about it..Stick with ie mate ,its the best.
    I agree, IE is by far the best, its used by almost everyone. When holes are discovered microsoft updates it almost immediately, other browsers have holes too, but they are less publicised and less often fixed.

If you prefer a more fancy layout try MSN Explorer its there already installed on Windows XP.

MSN Explorer looks nice, but has limitations, thats why i'm not too keen on it.
    Robert00000

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Go with MYie2. It's IE with more features.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Okay I'm Going To Check Some Of Those Out

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Yeah, I've tried a bunch of those browsers. I still use IE. I've heard plenty of people say things like "I laugh when I hear people use IE still", and "IE sucks, it's full of holes", etc. But, personally I think it's the best.

I've tried Opera. For starters. it had some bugs that got annoying. After installing it, I had some problems with downloads in IE. It seemed that Opera took over my downloads and screwed some things up in IE. Secondly, my Opera crashed twice as much as my IE did. Third, webpages didn't show up correctly. There were always some javascripts that would work right in it, and some that wouldn't. On multiple occasions I had problems with little flash objects here and there (Like menu buttons and such). They wouldn't ever show up at all! Opera was faster, but all in all, it was alot more work than it was worth.

I've tried Netscape a long time ago (It may be better now), but I didn't like it. I've also tried Mozilla (which is what replaced netscape? Sorry, don't know the whole story). I just don't like either. I noticed no speed difference, and netscape seemed more cluttered, and some webpages would not work correctly.

I've tried Firebird. This did not support torrents (Not sure if there is a way to get those to work... maybe I've just overlooked something). Also, I had the same problems with this as I did with Opera. Some java scripts would not work right, some flash objects would not work right, etc. I will say though, that this was VERY stable and VERY fast in comparison.

I've also tried MYIE2. I didn't like this one. This was way to cluttered. I spent most of the time getting rid of the junk that was loaded at default. Also, I noticed no speed difference. Fortunately, most webpages worked right with this one. But, all in all I would rather have had IE to it.

Also, none of the above can access Windows Update (except maybe MYIE2, I didn't try). If you're like me, and try to speed up your computer by turning off automatic updating, then visiting Windows Update is essential. Plus, if you're into skinning, like me, IE integrates into themes alot better.

Many people complain about IE's holes and bugs. I agree with FKDUP74 when he said "the way i see it, IE6 doesnt really have the most holes,
    its just the most commonly used, so most commonly attacked
    on the same token, it has more tech support". Plus, the flaws and holes have never affected me at all. Just because it has the potential to screw up my computer doesn't mean it has.

I vote IE because of compatability, stability, and appearance. The others have nice features, but in the end, their core lacks the basics provided by IE.

EDIT: My God I typed alot... I need a life.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    No one said Avant Browser, Im using it now, I tested it against MyIE2, and I think this one is faster.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    all ive used is IE and Netscape. I prefer IE.
    where can you get tabs for IE instead of having to open up a new browser?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12