Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Good Is Zonealarm Compared To Norton?

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    i've been hearing Zonealarm is that damn good! is it like 100% better then norton....? i might use both...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    no use
    if you want added security
    add the bad ip's in your block list
    fuck norton

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Get Sygate Pro.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@23 December 2003 - 20:24
    Get Sygate Pro.
    I agree, Sygate is much better, ZoneAlarms blocks even stuff like Apache!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    where do i get Sygate? is it free?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Go to my site you can get the free version ,but its recomandable to get the pro from some warez site.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    ZoneAlarms blocks even stuff like Apache
    Did you configure zone alarm properly?

I have zone alarm prompt me for every attempt and then I can allow or block each action. On that same screen, if its a program that myself or the network uses often it has an option box to check to always allow. That way it never bothers to alert you when those actions happen again.

edit: as for the topic, sorry, norons (nortons) products take far to many resources (cpu cycles/memory) and seem to give false warnings. It's zone alarm for me

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Its the general understanding that nortons is crap...It wouldnt stop a determined 5 year old, Ive never used Sygate, but all the reviews on it are really good and I know lots of people that use it..
    The people that give Zone Alarm the thumbs down just dont know how to configure it properly, and they should go back to playing solitaire against the computer..
    Zone Alarm is an excellent firewall, but i suggest that you try different ones till you find one that you feel comfortable with, and one that does the job

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Its the general understanding that nortons is crap...It wouldnt stop a determined 5 year old, Ive never used Sygate, but all the reviews on it are really good and I know lots of people that use it..
    The people that give Zone Alarm the thumbs down just dont know how to configure it properly, and they should go back to playing solitaire against the computer..
    Zone Alarm is an excellent firewall, but i suggest that you try different ones till you find one that you feel comfortable with, and one that does the job
    Both ZA and SG are equally good in my book, I prefer ZA, but as you stated it can be tricky to set up if you dont watch what you are doing, especially with a network. Still only takes a few minutes to do it right.

My saying is: "Try them all and keep the one that works best for you and your system"......gonna have to add it to my sig.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@23 December 2003 - 21:19
    Its the general understanding that nortons is crap...It wouldnt stop a determined 5 year old,

Mate its not that norton are shit..there just shit on systems that at contantly active & with programs being installed/uninstalled all over the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast