Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Block Uploads (temporarily) On K Lite K++?

karanyc
    I would like to keep people from uploading from my machine for a few days. How do I do this on K++?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Click on options then the traffic tab and click disable filesharing.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    What's the problem?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by karanyc@24 December 2003 - 00:49
    I would like to keep people from uploading from my machine for a few days. How do I do this on K++?
    if you don't want to share then turn it off for a few days

how is it fare for you to upload from me and i can't upload from you???

turn it off then when you are ready open it again

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    leech!!!!
    we have a leech amongst us

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    if you don't wanna share, then get off here!! You are mucking up our network!!

Quote: Forum rules:

4. As this is a file sharing community, any discussions promoting leeching are prohibited. This includes discussions encouraging or promoting the use of products where the sole purpose or benefit is the ability to leech.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    flippin heck calm down he only asked a simple question.

before u get on at me, i also am dead against leeching etc, but i have this thing where if i am uploading, and then somebody else starts uploading with 0shared files, i would cancel the 0 to give my bandwidth to the sharer.

how do i permanetly stop uploading that file to that person coz after i cancel, it just resumes after about 10seconds. sometimes after about 10times he takes a hint and gives up.

thanks

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Old Fella
    How can you possibly know that someone is not sharing? Most people hide their shared files (see KL Options) so you are probably cutting off some nice person, who is wondering what the hell is going on

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by dale!!!@26 December 2003 - 12:59
    flippin heck calm down he only asked a simple question.

youll find that leechers or any talk of it wont be tolerated on this sharing community...
    so telling us to calm down is a little off target

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    hmmm i suppose i could be.

about this hiding your shared files, i have all the options checked on the k++ main options tab (default settings), is this correct?

i used to share literally about 50GB of files, but since all this riaa and mpaa stuff, till i find out properly, i stopped sharing music and films, apart from the ones i just downloaded which i think its best to then share for a week or two (i still share other stuff like games and programs etc).

so before you all start screaming "n00b", which i suppose i am as regards this topic, how would i safely share all my files again and which are the correct options to select to keep safe?

thanks

(ps dunno if u shudv made a new thread sumwhere else but its still under problems & questions)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast