Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Many Forum Members Just Reply But Don't Help!

Forum Star
    I think everybody has been right so far, the forum is about building a community, but that community has it's basis on supporting the kazaalite and k++ products, helping to propogate verified files on the fasttrack network(when the verifieds were up), helping with the continuation and developement of the aforementioned products and its add-on tools, and bettering the p2p filesharing experience for everybody.

This is what made this forum, along with the personalities of the people that help to accomplish this. You can't deny one without undermining the other. I think everyone should try to remember this. Also when considering what this community is, one should consider not only the core members, but those that come only to ask a few questions, the lurkers, guests, n00bs, and everything in between.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I first joined this forum many months after just coming in as a guest and just reading. I joined because I enjoyed how you could get help, but also have a little fun.
    As a mechanic, I read an article in the paper called "click & clack". They are two brothers who answer question for people having problems with their car. They are very humorus, and go off topic every other line, but in the end, the problem is diagnosed. This forum was alot like that when I first joined, and part of what made it special.
    Yes, we have had some things get a little out of hand, but it really hasn't been all that bad. The Mods do a great job at keeping it pretty well controlled.
    Lets all start to appreciate everyones personality, and not just our own. I hate to see all this bickering, and it is sad compared to how this forum was when I joined. This should be a place to enjoy ourselves, as well as a place to learn

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@19 February 2003 - 04:06

Don't help? We still try to answer questions, newbie questions usually can be answered in the FAQ. This forum is suppose to be fun, but not too fun that it turns into spam or ruin topics, like that food incident.
    Hi Guy's!

This topic took some time to sink in..., but i like all the reply's on this one!
    I just did it to wake up some people, and those people that i was expecting to reply on this one.., Uhmm. didn't!
    I'm happy to see that there are no real agressive reply's!!

There is hope for human kind.., hehehehehee!

I really liked this reply from RPerry....:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I first joined this forum many months after just coming in as a guest and just reading. I joined because I enjoyed how you could get help, but also have a little fun.
    As a mechanic, I read an article in the paper called "click & clack". They are two brothers who answer question for people having problems with their car. They are very humorus, and go off topic every other line, but in the end, the problem is diagnosed. This forum was alot like that when I first joined, and part of what made it special.
    Yes, we have had some things get a little out of hand, but it really hasn't been all that bad. The Mods do a great job at keeping it pretty well controlled.
    Lets all start to appreciate everyones personality, and not just our own. I hate to see all this bickering, and it is sad compared to how this forum was when I joined. This should be a place to enjoy ourselves, as well as a place to learn.

Thank you Forum!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    jetje's Avatar former star
    yes was started in another section, we take this serious, as i hope i showed you on how you want your mod thing merging isn't always a good option. So this ones important and a valid question to. B)

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 05:42
    yes was started in another section, we take this serious, as i hope i showed you on how you want your mod thing merging isn't always a good option. So this ones important and a valid question to. B)
    Ok...it is serious and important to me too...since all the people think I do shit on purpose.Will post what I posted in the other thread.That is how important my post was about this matter.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Most of the time the threads turn into debates of that topic around here,we are not spaming...we are debateing.Alot of people do not understand that...no matter where the topic leads too everybody thinks it is spam or that people are doing it to run up their post total.

When a person really needs help with something around here,9 times out of 10 they will get it.They will get PMed by somebody with the answer or from the thread.If they did not get their answer they will post it again later on or bump that thread back to the top.

We have asked for more rooms I do not know how many times,people are always posting about Movies and Music...which is the reason some of us come here.

I am in the middle of doing a petition online to get our voice heard from the Administrators and MODs on this board.With more rooms and sections the MODs will not have to move threads all over the place.

The spamers(me and a few others) are the people that love this place more then the rest.You think we are makeing the threads go off topic on purpose?We read the thread and then we go with it,it is hard for some of us.....but we try.

Them smilies are an expression of how that person feels.....another sticky I think should be explained to the NOOBS.....them smilies can go along way to show how you feel about somebodys statement.

The people are trying to work with the MODs on all of this.Since the verified rooms have gone this place has turned into a wreck.There is only a few rooms now...I do not see why we can not have rooms about Movies,Games and Music without the verifieds for the time being.It is what the verifieds were also about...them discussions.

The lounge is nice,its where I have made most of my post.....but it is also a party room...where anything goes and should be explained upon entering that room.You post a thread in the lounge and don't be surprised if it goes haywire.

I love this place,can not really explain it brother.Have never really felt that way about something online...have been to other forums/boards...but none like this.
    It reminds me of the Cheers song....."Where everybody knows your name".Maybe it is a bar/pub to me in the 21st century.I still love the local bars don't get me wrong but sometimes it feels the same to me around here.

I could go on and on about what I think should be done and how I feel about being called a spamer and what not...but I will not.I have other threads to go read...other statements to be made.

FC B)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

*EDIT* They can call it spam if they want.....off-topic if they choose.Going to anyways.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    Ummm, this topic invites and entices us to respond nonsenesically. But though, there is a limit as to what constitutes a valid post or what you call "spam".........how many new questions posted by p2p virgins are NOT answered in the FAQ? I've seen many questions posted in the forums which could easily have been answered there. Or if not in the FAQ, then in the 'problems' section. I do know what you're saying, but I also saw it expressed that some *not to put words into mouths here* are tired of seeing the same questions pop up over and over again and which have already been answered........well, one can direct the person to the location of the answer they seek, and then as is human nature, we all have this urge to say.....while I'm here..........may as well.......

And no, I'm not posting just to run up a count, I have a phobia about little gold stars. I'm afraid my mother would put it on the fridge. j/k But I too digress, and so, shall bid you adieu.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Poster
    Rocktron

I have read some of the help you have offered to people. Frankly they would be better served by sarcasm. Do you keep a record of the PC's you destroy with your quasi-technical nonsense.

I agree with the sentiment of helping people. However only if they have tried helping themselves first. If something is obvious, or is contained in the FAQ, or can be found by a simple search on something like

www.google.com

or is within the helpfile of the program they are using and they simply cannot be arsed sorting it out for themselves, then stuff them. I wouldn't do it in the real world and I won't do it here.

This is not some sort of online help service for the hard of thinking. If they can't be bothered to get up to speed, by doing a search in the forum. then on their own head be it.

Oh and by the way, there's a saying in my line of work for people like you.

"I would rather run a man light"

Cheers

JimF

PS can anyone guess I am sick of people pontificating.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    RPerry, I don't know if you can get them on radio, but last Saturday, they had one of the funniest "off topic rambles" I've ever heard. I'll try to condense it, but basically, it was a day in the life of a dog contrasted with a day in the life of a cat. The dog starts off in the AM with "OH BOY! Dogfood, my favorite, OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY! It then proceeds through the day with much of the same - OH BOY! the kids, the Frisbie, etc. The cat starts of with "My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre offerings." And goes on from there. If you'd like to read the whole thing, you can read it here: http://cartalk.cars.com/Mail/Haus/2003/02.15.html. I think you can dig up the audio archive for Feb. 15 at Cars.com. It's funnier listening to it.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Poster
    Tide

You won't believe this but it's true. I was just going to mention your name elsewhere, in relation to stream of consciousness conversations. Specifically our talks re jurisdictions, legal systems, Constitution SP1 etc.

That was in simpler times. Some people joined in. Some people ignored us. No-one quoted rules. Everone was happy.

Ah happy days. Nice to hear from you again.

Cheers

JimF

PS The apple has landed, as if you hadn't guessed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast