Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Many Forum Members Just Reply But Don't Help!

sorry guys! but i really agree, I always have to scroll down just to find the answer i want! it takes long time and a waste! it is good to contribute but also u should be considrate :S if u want to chat or entertain, as fasr as i know there are some forums for that?????? ain't I true? but when it comes to Form problems or questions, i think we need specific and HELPING, and i repeat HELPING answers
    thanks alot ^__^

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by recca_cool@20 February 2003 - 00:47
    sorry guys! but i really agree, I always have to scroll down just to find the answer i want! it takes long time and a waste! it is good to contribute but also u should be considrate :S if u want to chat or entertain, as fasr as i know there are some forums for that?????? ain't I true? but when it comes to Form problems or questions, i think we need specific and HELPING, and i repeat HELPING answers
    thanks alot ^__^
    By any reasonable definition this is spam.

Cheers

JimF

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+19 February 2003 - 05:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 19 February 2003 - 05:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetje@19 February 2003 - 05:42
    yes was started in another section, we take this serious, as i hope i showed you on how you want your mod thing merging isn&#39;t always a good option. So this ones important and a valid question to. B)
    Ok...it is serious and important to me too...since all the people think I do shit on purpose.Will post what I posted in the other thread.That is how important my post was about this matter.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Most of the time the threads turn into debates of that topic around here,we are not spaming...we are debateing.Alot of people do not understand that...no matter where the topic leads too everybody thinks it is spam or that people are doing it to run up their post total.

When a person really needs help with something around here,9 times out of 10 they will get it.They will get PMed by somebody with the answer or from the thread.If they did not get their answer they will post it again later on or bump that thread back to the top.

We have asked for more rooms I do not know how many times,people are always posting about Movies and Music...which is the reason some of us come here.

I am in the middle of doing a petition online to get our voice heard from the Administrators and MODs on this board.With more rooms and sections the MODs will not have to move threads all over the place.

The spamers(me and a few others) are the people that love this place more then the rest.You think we are makeing the threads go off topic on purpose?We read the thread and then we go with it,it is hard for some of us.....but we try.

Them smilies are an expression of how that person feels.....another sticky I think should be explained to the NOOBS.....them smilies can go along way to show how you feel about somebodys statement.

The people are trying to work with the MODs on all of this.Since the verified rooms have gone this place has turned into a wreck.There is only a few rooms now...I do not see why we can not have rooms about Movies,Games and Music without the verifieds for the time being.It is what the verifieds were also about...them discussions.

The lounge is nice,its where I have made most of my post.....but it is also a party room...where anything goes and should be explained upon entering that room.You post a thread in the lounge and don&#39;t be surprised if it goes haywire.

I love this place,can not really explain it brother.Have never really felt that way about something online...have been to other forums/boards...but none like this.
    It reminds me of the Cheers song....."Where everybody knows your name".Maybe it is a bar/pub to me in the 21st century.I still love the local bars don&#39;t get me wrong but sometimes it feels the same to me around here.

I could go on and on about what I think should be done and how I feel about being called a spamer and what not...but I will not.I have other threads to go read...other statements to be made.

FC B)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

*EDIT* They can call it spam if they want.....off-topic if they choose.Going to anyways. [/b][/quote]
    I could not read any further after reading FC&#39;s post here, without stopping and making a few comments. So I apologize for posts in between FC&#39;s quoted here and mine, have not read them yet.

I have to say I totally agree with everything he stated and if you knew us both when he first joined, well you would consider this agreement between us two as very special. I think the same things he does about this forum, hell I would even go so far as to personally state that this forum is different than all of the rest and one of the biggest reasons why is the fact that all of the topics can turn 180 degrees at any time, although I feel for the most part that a lot of good is done here and in order to have good you must have bad.

I have nothing against Rocktron, can&#39;t even remember seeing a post by him before this one, but he must be a person who thinks you can have light without dark. good without evil or white without black. In order for you to even perceive a positive or negative thought on any subject you must first have an attribute type of recognition. That is to say, you must have the differences in order to point out the similarities, or at least recognize they must exist.

I am interested in this type of topic, not sure what may have sparked it, I can say there were strayed topics before I joined and knowing this place as I do there will be strayed topics after I leave (death, bancruptcy, etc). You ain&#39;t making me leave as long as I am breathing and can afford the internet.

I can also atest to the fact I have never once posted to post, I post when the need strikes (ie this topic), when I can help or when someone asks something I can (or at least think I can) help with.

As for those people who reply with a smiley, so be it, they joined they have the right. I mean I still have issues with people who complain about scrolling, if you do not like scrolling, don&#39;t scroll, you may miss a lot of interesting things on the interbet, however no one is forcing you to scroll, so stop complaining, please&#33;

For GODS sake, if scrolling or having to read through several smiley posts to get to something with a little more meat is the biggest worry you have, you are blessed and shoudl count your lucky stars ar at least take note and move on.

Hopefully no one or group was offended by a single thing I said, and to make a point about smilies, you need then soemtime, shoot, back when I was relatively new around here no one knew whether or not I was joking, so I started having to add those to my posts to insure they knew I was being coy or just plain trying to get a laugh.

Have fun while your here and if you can learn something or teach something along the way, the better.

God bless us all and hope to get sometype of verifieds section back or I may be spending more and more time elsewhere and I do not like being elsewhere, this place rocks compared to the rest of the forums I have visited recently. 2 of our large strings in the verified section pretty much shamed the whole site I was just on, talk about lame.

Well I have had my say to this point, remember I still have a few more posts to read in this string so you cannot count on me being done here.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    What a great speech ShareDaddy, but it took me 5 minutes to read it all. Rocktron, lighten up, it&#39;s the nature of this forum, although I can see the forum really being limited now since I first saw it. I never seen these kinds of complaints since I joined. Other forums are even harder on their rules than this one, which makes them seem dull and no one ever responds to posts as much as here.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    February 2003 - 23:39]Rocktron
    (A nice reply from JimF)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have read some of the help you have offered to people. Frankly they would be better served by sarcasm. Do you keep a record of the PC&#39;s you destroy with your quasi-technical nonsense.
    I agree with the sentiment of helping people. However only if they have tried helping themselves first. If something is obvious, or is contained in the FAQ, or can be found by a simple search on something like
    www.google.com
    or is within the helpfile of the program they are using and they simply cannot be arsed sorting it out for themselves, then stuff them. I wouldn&#39;t do it in the real world and I won&#39;t do it here.
    This is not some sort of online help service for the hard of thinking. If they can&#39;t be bothered to get up to speed, by doing a search in the forum. then on their own head be it.

Oh and by the way, there&#39;s a saying in my line of work for people like you.

"I would rather run a man light"

Cheers

Jimf

PS can anyone guess I am sick of people pontificating.[/QUOTE]
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

En ik ben het zat, dat JimF steeds om wat voor reden dan ook mij uitkaffert terwijl dat helemaal niet nodig is&#33;
    Ik probeer mn best te doen om godverdomme mensen te helpen zo goed als ik kan en ik heb geen commentaar (onnodig) commentaar nodig van iemand die zelf geen ene reet probeert te doen voor de mensen die het nodig hebben&#33;

What the TELETUBBIE is your problem JimF?

What did i do to you hey?

Go TELETUBBIE yourself... it seems you need it&#33;

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Poster
    Wise words sharedaddy and you make a number of VERY valid points.
    This place is so boring now and im spending more time away from here too.The verified section going has played a big part in this place going down the pan.Its so crap reading the same questions from n00bs and as soon as someone with a personality and something to say starts saying having a laugh,in step the little hitlers to censor&#33;&#33;This place just aint the same.....

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy+20 February 2003 - 01:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareDaddy @ 20 February 2003 - 01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 February 2003 - 05:46
    <!--QuoteBegin--jetje
    @19 February 2003 - 05:42
    yes was started in another section, we take this serious, as i hope i showed you on how you want your mod thing merging isn&#39;t always a good option. So this ones important and a valid question to. B)

Ok...it is serious and important to me too...since all the people think I do shit on purpose.Will post what I posted in the other thread.That is how important my post was about this matter.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Most of the time the threads turn into debates of that topic around here,we are not spaming...we are debateing.Alot of people do not understand that...no matter where the topic leads too everybody thinks it is spam or that people are doing it to run up their post total.

When a person really needs help with something around here,9 times out of 10 they will get it.They will get PMed by somebody with the answer or from the thread.If they did not get their answer they will post it again later on or bump that thread back to the top.

We have asked for more rooms I do not know how many times,people are always posting about Movies and Music...which is the reason some of us come here.

I am in the middle of doing a petition online to get our voice heard from the Administrators and MODs on this board.With more rooms and sections the MODs will not have to move threads all over the place.

The spamers(me and a few others) are the people that love this place more then the rest.You think we are makeing the threads go off topic on purpose?We read the thread and then we go with it,it is hard for some of us.....but we try.

Them smilies are an expression of how that person feels.....another sticky I think should be explained to the NOOBS.....them smilies can go along way to show how you feel about somebodys statement.

The people are trying to work with the MODs on all of this.Since the verified rooms have gone this place has turned into a wreck.There is only a few rooms now...I do not see why we can not have rooms about Movies,Games and Music without the verifieds for the time being.It is what the verifieds were also about...them discussions.

The lounge is nice,its where I have made most of my post.....but it is also a party room...where anything goes and should be explained upon entering that room.You post a thread in the lounge and don&#39;t be surprised if it goes haywire.

I love this place,can not really explain it brother.Have never really felt that way about something online...have been to other forums/boards...but none like this.
    It reminds me of the Cheers song....."Where everybody knows your name".Maybe it is a bar/pub to me in the 21st century.I still love the local bars don&#39;t get me wrong but sometimes it feels the same to me around here.

I could go on and on about what I think should be done and how I feel about being called a spamer and what not...but I will not.I have other threads to go read...other statements to be made.

FC B)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

*EDIT* They can call it spam if they want.....off-topic if they choose.Going to anyways.
    I could not read any further after reading FC&#39;s post here, without stopping and making a few comments. So I apologize for posts in between FC&#39;s quoted here and mine, have not read them yet.

I have to say I totally agree with everything he stated and if you knew us both when he first joined, well you would consider this agreement between us two as very special. I think the same things he does about this forum, hell I would even go so far as to personally state that this forum is different than all of the rest and one of the biggest reasons why is the fact that all of the topics can turn 180 degrees at any time, although I feel for the most part that a lot of good is done here and in order to have good you must have bad.

I have nothing against Rocktron, can&#39;t even remember seeing a post by him before this one, but he must be a person who thinks you can have light without dark. good without evil or white without black. In order for you to even perceive a positive or negative thought on any subject you must first have an attribute type of recognition. That is to say, you must have the differences in order to point out the similarities, or at least recognize they must exist.

I am interested in this type of topic, not sure what may have sparked it, I can say there were strayed topics before I joined and knowing this place as I do there will be strayed topics after I leave (death, bancruptcy, etc). You ain&#39;t making me leave as long as I am breathing and can afford the internet.

I can also atest to the fact I have never once posted to post, I post when the need strikes (ie this topic), when I can help or when someone asks something I can (or at least think I can) help with.

As for those people who reply with a smiley, so be it, they joined they have the right. I mean I still have issues with people who complain about scrolling, if you do not like scrolling, don&#39;t scroll, you may miss a lot of interesting things on the interbet, however no one is forcing you to scroll, so stop complaining, please&#33;

For GODS sake, if scrolling or having to read through several smiley posts to get to something with a little more meat is the biggest worry you have, you are blessed and shoudl count your lucky stars ar at least take note and move on.

Hopefully no one or group was offended by a single thing I said, and to make a point about smilies, you need then soemtime, shoot, back when I was relatively new around here no one knew whether or not I was joking, so I started having to add those to my posts to insure they knew I was being coy or just plain trying to get a laugh.

Have fun while your here and if you can learn something or teach something along the way, the better.

God bless us all and hope to get sometype of verifieds section back or I may be spending more and more time elsewhere and I do not like being elsewhere, this place rocks compared to the rest of the forums I have visited recently. 2 of our large strings in the verified section pretty much shamed the whole site I was just on, talk about lame.

Well I have had my say to this point, remember I still have a few more posts to read in this string so you cannot count on me being done here. [/b][/quote]
    SD and I have had some serious disagreements in the past

FC and I have had some serious disagreements in the past

I don&#39;t care. They have earned their right to an opinion by being sharers and contributors.

If this is spam then deal with it.

This is the internet for the love of the wee man. It&#39;s not your nursery school.

Cheers

JimF

PS Keep on posting SD and FC. The biggest Characters I have met here, you pair of bar stewards.

PPS As for the whiners. Foxtrot Oscar

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by JimF@19 February 2003 - 17:39
    Rocktron

I have read some of the help you have offered to people. Frankly they would be better served by sarcasm. Do you keep a record of the PC&#39;s you destroy with your quasi-technical nonsense.

I agree with the sentiment of helping people. However only if they have tried helping themselves first. If something is obvious, or is contained in the FAQ, or can be found by a simple search on something like

www.google.com

or is within the helpfile of the program they are using and they simply cannot be arsed sorting it out for themselves, then stuff them. I wouldn&#39;t do it in the real world and I won&#39;t do it here.

This is not some sort of online help service for the hard of thinking. If they can&#39;t be bothered to get up to speed, by doing a search in the forum. then on their own head be it.

Oh and by the way, there&#39;s a saying in my line of work for people like you.

"I would rather run a man light"

Cheers

JimF

PS can anyone guess I am sick of people pontificating.
    JimF, we have had our share of interesting back and forth, however I need to say this, so if it makes you need to have another go with me so be it, just let me know where and when.

As far as pontification, each and every one of us, especially you have come across in that manner. Let me explain my point (a little pontification of my own, shall we say).

I was asked to take a class years ago when I joined the management ranks within my company. In this class we were taught to consider using less "Elitist" language when speaking with others. That is to say we were given little pamphlets that contained all of the words we should try and avoid and less demeaning, friendlier alternatives to use in their place.

You seem to use quite a few of those "elitist" words from the pamphlet we were given. I have caught myself doing the same thing, but I have never condemned someone else for doing the same exact thing that I was doing, unless I was intoxicated or possibly coming to after a head injury.

But with that said it is still rather interesting to see your posts, filled with correct grammar and punctuation and those very large words intertwined with other, more real-life or at least down to earth like posts. That all leads back to my "dark without light" comment, without your posts we would have nothing with which to judge the everyday posts and I thank you for that.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Poster
    SD

Good point, well presented.

So the readers here are, on the whole, stupid. I will try to modify my posts to reflect your opinion of your peers.

Cheers

JimF

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Poster
    I love all this intellectual banter...gr8 fun reading this spam sure is catchy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast