Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Many Fans To Useless...

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by clocker@24 December 2003 - 15:45
    Jai,

I certainly didn't mean to mislead you, my opinions about fans and their placement is in a state of flux.
    Don't change your arrangement based on my advice only...if it's working out well then why bother?
    I simply hate to hear people say things based only on stuff that they've read somewhere or a mysterious "expert" told them or it's just something that "everybody" knows ( NO!, not you, 1234...).
    I have probably made at least one significant change to my fan setup every other day for the past month.
    There is no "best setup"...it is completely dependent on your individual case/hardware configuration.

The side window on the Xaser is made of cast acrylic...it fits beautifully but is scarily brittle. Many of the people who have tried to open up the fan grills have cracked them in the attempt...
    yea sorry if i sorta bursted out :$

i dunt think im gona change the setting of the case fan cause the temps are just GREAT!

currently (computer been turned on for over 24 hrs)
    CPU:34
    HDD:31
    Mainboard: 30

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    10 fans will make it run like a your moma (look at my thing under my avatar) . anyways, i have 8 fans, and it's loud as hell if i take the cover off. but now, it's fine

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@24 December 2003 - 09:15
    10 fans will make it run like a your moma
    I have more fans than that and my comp looks nothing like a museum.
    What am I doing wrong?

It must be the vid card.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by clocker+24 December 2003 - 11:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 24 December 2003 - 11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@24 December 2003 - 09:15
    10 fans will make it run like a your moma
    I have more fans than that and my comp looks nothing like a museum.
    What am I doing wrong?

It must be the vid card. [/b][/quote]
    well, ur air cooling crazy. so its normal to hear humming from ur case. if ur spending that much time and &#036; on air cooling, u might as well go with wc

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i wouldn&#39;t mind having a computer that looks like the guggenheim. Xtreem KeWling~&#33;&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    *Grunt*
    Maybee their should be a poll: what is the most important aspect of a PC, style, noise, cooling or size.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Neo 721@24 December 2003 - 15:52
    Maybee their should be a poll: what is the most important aspect of a PC, style, noise, cooling or size.
    NONE of the above....

PERFORMANCE is what makes a computer....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    *Grunt*
    very true indeed but people would be willing to sacrifice it all becuase of a few db of fan noise.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by Neo 721@24 December 2003 - 17:52
    i go with style and cooling

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+25 December 2003 - 03:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 25 December 2003 - 03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neo 721@24 December 2003 - 17:52
    i go with style and cooling [/b][/quote]
    I go with performance because just like a car their is no point in having a kick ass looks and not being able to back it up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast